Disheartend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snickers

Massively Geeky
Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Firstly, Wot a wicked site.:D
Secondly, I could really do with your advice. I've been doing gel nails for a couple of years and did an acrylic course early this year. Working from home I've been trying to build a clientele since the end of last year, I had a busy month in February but things seem to be going down hill of late. I've been delivering my price lists in my local area but don't seem to be having much joy! Is this NOT a good way of advertising?

I work as a part time secretary and also have two children 3 & 8, so am a busy bee but I absolutely love doing nails and want to suceed in being an excellent nail technician one day! Im getting very disheartend:sad: lately as I cant seem to attract more clients who actually want to have and keep and beautiful nails.

(Any good ideas on advertising would be much appreciated)

Where am I going wrong.

x

Pauline @ FN said:
Hi Geeks

Firstly, Wot a wicked site.:D
Secondly, I could really do with your advice. I've been doing gel nails for a couple of years and did an acrylic course early this year. Working from home I've been trying to build a clientele since the end of last year, I had a busy month in February but things seem to be going down hill of late. I've been delivering my price lists in my local area but don't seem to be having much joy! Is this NOT a good way of advertising?

I work as a part time secretary and also have two children 3 & 8, so am a busy bee but I absolutely love doing nails and want to suceed in being an excellent nail technician one day! Im getting very disheartend:sad: lately as I cant seem to attract more clients who actually want to have and keep and beautiful nails.

(Any good ideas on advertising would be much appreciated)

Where am I going wrong.

x

Hiya Pauline,
I also work mobile and really struggled when i first started, But saying that even salons struggle at times so dont get down hearted :biggrin:
I would say drop in your price lists at local gyms, Leisure centres, Playgroups in fact all the places that ladies visit. Perhaps do an offer for say a first visit or charge full price but offer 10%off their first infill. Keeps them coming back,
Dont give up it is hard to build a regular clientele, But it will happen just keep at it.

Hi pauline, i know how you feel i am finding it difficult too, i also work full time as a secretary and want to be an inspiring nail technician, i am lookin g to advertise that way too, i have also put myself in the yellow pages they do a freebie section i think its only a small bit but that may help, where abouts in essex are you from? im from Southend and its hard to get a clientele here xx

Hiya,

Don't let it get you down:sad: be the best that you can be and word of mouth is the best advertisement.......give new clients an insentive .........i give them a little bit of nail art for free or a hand and arm massage after i have applied enhancements.......someone allways notices and asks where the client has had them done.....i have had loads of clients this way:) On the down side though it does take a while to build up a good client base...........but once you have them that's it.............I also did a promotion of buying say 1 full set and 4 rebalances and if they pay in full get a 20 per cent discount and a little freebie (small solar oil) you have them then.DON'T GIVE UP
Amanda

Hi Geeks

Thanks for your advice.

I always do the hand and arm massage after any treatment but I like Lily's idea of a full set plus refills up front with a discount I will give that one a go. Cheers Lily.

Lesley I will try the local Leisure Centres, people go there to try to keep there bodies in shape don't they so hopefully some of them might want to do the same with their hands and feet!

Kelly, I'm in Eastwood not far from you hun.

Have a nice day and take care geeks.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back