Dismissing someone 3 days into their trial period

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please. I am having to dismiss a therapist 3 days into their trial period and wondered whether I could do this without any legal implications. I sent a letter of employment to her prior to starting stating that she would be on a one month trial period....I knew after one day that she would not be staying!! I feel slightly foolish and a bad judge of character as I was the one who interviewed her!! Can I just send letter explaining reasons why and I assume I will have to pay her for the 3 days she has worked.

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please. I am having to dismiss a therapist 3 days into their trial period and wondered whether I could do this without any legal implications. I sent a letter of employment to her prior to starting stating that she would be on a one month trial period....I knew after one day that she would not be staying!! I feel slightly foolish and a bad judge of character as I was the one who interviewed her!! Can I just send letter explaining reasons why and I assume I will have to pay her for the 3 days she has worked.
Fairly positive the answer is yes, you can get rid. But it's irrelevant what we all think. Contact acas to be 100% sure.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back