Disposable salon towels yay/nay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi everyone in my salon we use the no bleach/stain black cotton washable hand towels and just re-wash and tumble dry on an evening to replenish.
However I have noticed a few salons in my area use disposable towels at the backwash area as they are apparent more hygienic and save on time spent washing and drying etc..
I would like to know everyone’s oppinion on them please?
I trialed a few in salon and clients didn’t like them. I found they did the job but clients commented how they felt cheap and not as efficient. Just getting a general perspective here I’m not slating anyone who uses them - each to there own.

I used them at college and they were fine although I felt they weren’t quite as absorbent as normal towels on very long/thick hair, so you’d need to use 2 in that case.
However, a lot of clients are interested in the environmental impact so you could swap over and make a big deal of your green credentials from reducing your carbon footprint because there’s less water wastage, no washing detergent and no need to use a dryer.

I think the hygiene aspect is important too as we ALL know the odd dirty salon that re-uses towels between clients to save on washing...eww.

They are extremely expensive and far too thin. I don't think they are great for when you are putting a towel under a cape to avoid colour going on the clients clothes, they really wouldn't do much for them.

IMHO they are the future..... clients and salons are thinking about our impact on the planet and every little bit we can do will help and show the salon in a good light. At their most expensive it’s abour 20p per towel (deals to be had on quantity’s) and that’s it..... no washing liquid, no electricity, no unproductive staff time, good PR and as a previous salon owner, no taking them home in the evenings.
The only down side is they do not feels as luxurious..... but when you explained why your using them I think clients will get it.

Latest posts

Back