Disposable towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Hi!
I am looking at possibly using disposable towels in my services. I’m not worried about mani/pedis as such but the more relaxing treatments such as massage & facials, are the disposable towels luxurious enough to use during these services?
If so, can anyone recommend any companies to buy from? Have had a search & there are quite a few websites but would like any recommendations on the best towels available xx

They are very nice for facials. I stopped using my steamer for a while as a bowl of hot water was enough to get them steamy. They don’t hold heat as long as towels so keep it close. I think it’s really worth trying them. I tend to use both here and there. They are handy when more facials booked than I think i have time to keep washing towels.

Ive been very impressed with Scrummi disposables. They've been mentioned on here a few times. They are also a more sustainable option than washing towels AND save you money if you do careful maths.

I've been using them to protect my couch towels under a paper couch roll for waxing and to save a towel in pedis. I use sarongs and blankets over clients having facials or massages but I usually lie them on a couch towel for softness. I'm going to start using a Scrummi couch sheet for massage treatments. I put an order in through Ellisons as they had 20% off over the Bank Holiday.

Not all disposables are the same. I think Simply Dry and Scrummi are similar in feel but Scrummi get my vote for softness, absorbency and overall luxurious feel. They are also cheaper.

If you're concerned about plastic use just be warned that a lot of disposable towels are made of plastic spun fibre. I listened to a podcast which said that if you burn a bit of disposable towel (outside obs!) and it creates black smoke it is probably a type of plastic whereas sustainable fibres tend to create invisible/white smoke.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Was looking at Scrummi so glad to hear good things about them. Will order a pack & give them a try.

Latest posts

Back