disposal of Acetone!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soak nails off a bit differently so don't have the need to "empty" it anywhere and also because I'm mobile i find this way much easier as people tend to not want to just sit soaking when they're in there own home so I:
  • Etch and thin the acrylic a bit.
  • Have a pump with acetone in it (like a nail polish remover pump) stops you from spilling etc.
  • Have a roll of hairdressers highlighting foil (it lasts ages). Tear 10 x 12cm approx strips (one for each finger).
  • Soak a cotton wool pad in acetone.
  • Place the soaked cotton wool pad on the acrylic.
  • Quickly wrap it in the foil.
  • Tell client to sit with hands and fingers slightly downwards otherwise the acetone trickles out of the wraps and down their hands.
  • Repeat this process for each finger.
  • Leave for around 30 minutes
  • Then take each one off one by one and the acrylic just slides away.
  • And you can manicure/tidy up one by one.
I find this way
  • You don't use as much acetone,
  • Your client isn't inclined to lift them out to have a look how much is dissolving as every time you take them out it harden's again
  • It's great when you just need to soak 1 off while rebalancing the others as you can wrap it up first, then work on the others, then by time you've finished rebalancing the wrap will be ready to take off.
And all your rubbish can be put in your pedal bin.

Because I started mobile too, this is the method I used then . . . and still use even though I work from home now mostly . It's just so much better imo

I checked with my waste disposal people about the toxic element of the chemicals we dispose of and because the amounts are minimal and generally evaporated/no longer in liquid form prior to collection, it wasn't a problem.

Latest posts

Back