Distributing business cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
OK guys.
It's my daughters birthday party on Saturday & were having a party where after she will be giving out party bags. Do you think it would be wrong to slip in a business card?
About 30 children have accepted & there's always a few extra that turn up. Only a few of the mums at her school & dance school know that I do nails so I'm thinking it's an ideal opportunity but I am not 100% sure.

I would be grateful to hear of your opinions good or bad ( but only in a kind way )

Sonia

i would def put a business card in! I know that the cost of party bags can be horrendous but is it possible you could put together a 'girlie' party bag - mini nail file and polish and then you can easily add the card for the mummies - maybe offer them a little incentive if they book (pinkie solar oil, free nail art etc)

I agree that if the party bags were nail related it wouldn't seem so strange to have a biz card in there.
If not when the Mum's come to collect give them all one of your cards :cool:

I think I would not put them in the bags. I agree that if you put some nail things in there it wouldn't seem so weird, but you could do some nail stuff in the bags, and have a really nice display near your door perhaps? Like leaflets and business cards and point them out to the mothers and let them take them if interested?

I'm thinking, if your child went to a party where the mom did Tupperware, or the dad had a tree pruning business etc, how would you feel for your child to get a business card in her party bag? If you think that would be fine, then go ahead and put yours in. If not, then don't. I think handing them a card, adult to adult, might go down better. JMO as another mom. :)

I hope your daughter has a great party! Happy birthday to her!

Joyfulmom said:
I think I would not put them in the bags. I agree that if you put some nail things in there it wouldn't seem so weird, but you could do some nail stuff in the bags, and have a really nice display near your door perhaps? Like leaflets and business cards and point them out to the mothers and let them take them if interested?

I'm thinking, if your child went to a party where the mom did Tupperware, or the dad had a tree pruning business etc, how would you feel for your child to get a business card in her party bag? If you think that would be fine, then go ahead and put yours in. If not, then don't. I think handing them a card, adult to adult, might go down better. JMO as another mom. :)

I hope your daughter has a great party! Happy birthday to her!
I'm not a mum :cry: but i have to say that i agree with Joyfulmom. I had thought it would be good to have some sort of nail art display and leaflets/cards where the mums couldnt help but see them and that will hopefully generate interest then you dont look too desperate and dont look like you're using your little un's party to get business - more subtle approach ;)

or as they drive up to pick up their little ones...run out and stick a card under their windscreen wipers lol.....only joking :D nope don't think I would put a card in the party bags but would definately ask the mums if they would like a card as they leave if you get chance..no harm in that :) hope your daughter has a lovely day :biggrin:

Thanks for your opinions.
Like I said I was not 100% so I think I'll give it a miss. The bags are not at all nail related as we're having the party at an adventure play park & there will be lots of boys coming, can't say as I'd be happy for my boys to bring home party bags with lip gloss & nail stickers.

My instinct was possibly / maybe but I'm dong the Christmas fete & possibly a ladies evening so I'll leave it 'til then.

Sonia

if you'd rather not put the cards in the goodie bags, why not wear some wacky/pretty/subtle nail art which will no doubt be commented on, and then you'll be on the subject and can give them your info then?

Tickled Pink! said:
if you'd rather not put the cards in the goodie bags, why not wear some wacky/pretty/subtle nail art which will no doubt be commented on, and then you'll be on the subject and can give them your info then?

Hi

I think thats a great idea! Make sure you take plenty of cards in your handbag to give out :lol:

As a fellow mum i would say no to your original question. JMO though.

Latest posts

Back