DIY hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjp123

Reaction score
Can I ask some advice from colour experts out there before I make a mistake... I’m not a hairdresser I’m beauty & have dyed my hair lots before with successs. However, I’m unsure about this... my hair is currently around a base shade 5 with some balayage highlights.. I want to do my roots and pull a few through I want a 5 in diariches but I was in a rush & picked up a 6 instead. I havent had chance to go to the hairdressers... I don’t have a base shade 5 but I have some Diariches 6 and 4 can I mix them both (mostly6) with 4 with 6%vol will I get a similar colour to base 5 shade?
Any advice I am grateful, I know it’s best to go see a hairdressers but I’m pretty desperate to get it done ASAP x

Can I ask some advice from colour experts out there before I make a mistake... I’m not a hairdresser I’m beauty & have dyed my hair lots before with successs. However, I’m unsure about this... my hair is currently around a base shade 5 with some balayage highlights.. I want to do my roots and pull a few through I want a 5 in diariches but I was in a rush & picked up a 6 instead. I havent had chance to go to the hairdressers... I don’t have a base shade 5 but I have some Diariches 6 and 4 can I mix them both (mostly6) with 4 with 6%vol will I get a similar colour to base 5 shade?
Any advice I am grateful, I know it’s best to go see a hairdressers but I’m pretty desperate to get it done ASAP x

As I explained to you in a previous thread, our hair professionals are not allowed to give technical details or colour formulas to those who are untrained.

Please visit a local colourist who can provide you with a consultation.

Latest posts

Back