DIY Manicure - Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lanails

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been asked to talk to the local Guides about Hand and Nail care. I am doing a demonstration, and showing them how to do a simple massage with hand cream - however would like to suggest ways they can manicure at home with products found in the house - I am sure they won't have access to exfoliator/solar oil/cuticle remover :D

Has anyone got any great natural ideas to do a DIY manicure at home?

Secondly does anyone have a good basic arm manicure handout? I can't find anything that isn't copyright - will make up pics myself if necessary - but not good at drawing!!! :(

Thanks
Lesleyx

Hi,
I have a hand massage A4 sheet that has all the hand movements drawn out, however I do not know how to send it to you, it is on a word document. I can e-mail it if you want to let me know your e-mail address.
As for natural things here are a few i picked up on my internet travels. I hope they help. They may not be any use but who knows.

Good luck
kind regards Grace

Fading Age Spots
Dab on some lemon juice onto a cottonball then wipe the dark spots with the juice, twice daily. Do not use if your have dry, or sensitive skin. It may take several weeks of use before the spots will fade.
Another great remedy is to rub a piece of red onion onto the spots..it may take a few weeks of use before you see results.

Body Cleanser
Every 2 hours drink a cup of hot water with lemon juice. It flushes out built up toxins. Sea Salts also draws toxins out of the body. Make a paste of sea salt & water and rub onto your body before a shower, allow it to sit for at least a minute before washing off. Feels refreshing

Rose Petals Hand Cream Recipe
Ingredients:
• 1/3 cup glycerin
• 2/3 cups rosewater
Directions:
Combine ingredients by shaking in a bottle. To use: massage into hands regularly. Store in a cool dry area.

Cuticle softener
Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon warmed Olive Oil
Directions:
After each bath or shower push cuticles back by massaging gently with warm olive oil, use the tips of your fingers to massage the oil in.

Cuticle softener
Ingredients:
• 2 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
• 1 teaspoon Jojoba oil
Directions:
Mix ingredients well. Massage into the cuticle, use the tips of your fingers to massage in.

Sugar Baby Hand Exfoliant
Mix together 2 tablespoons of oil (mineral, baby, safflower, vegetable or olive) with 3 tablespoons of sugar the coarser the better but really any sugar type works. Make into a paste and rub gently into hands. Rinse well with warm water, pat dry.

Soften Coarse, Dry Hands
One tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with a teaspoon of sugar and a little water smoothes dry or coarse hands. Rinse hands after a minute.

Squeaky Clean Foot Recipe
Things You'll Need:
• paper towel(s)
• lemon juice
Mix together (in a bowl) half water, half lemon juice. Then gently dip paper towel into the mixture and apply to feet. Softens, removes odors, and smoothes.

Soothing Foot Lotion Recipe
Ingredients:
• 1 tablespoon almond oil
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
• 12 drops eucalyptus essential/fragrance oil
Directions:
Combine ingredients in a dark colored bottle, shake extremely well. To use just rub into the feet and heels. Store in a cool dry place.

Strawberry Foot Exfoliant Recipe
Ingredients:
Mix together 8 strawberries with 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or safflower oil) and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
Other varieties: Add 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped almonds.
Directions:

Make a paste with the ingredients but don't over blend it since the strawberries contain so much water it will make it too liquidy. Massage it all into your feet, rinse off and dry.

Grace,

these look very very tasty! Thank you - information is perfect. Have pm'd you with email address and message.

Lesleyxx

Grace

Thank you - these are just what I was looking for. I cannot draw, so anything I have done is computer generated, and the movements are not easy to reproduce :!:
This is really helpful - I am now going to turn it into a leaflet for the Guides to take away and it will look great :D

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!
Lesleyxx

Hello,
You are more than welcome, to be honest it is so nice to be of some use. I feel that i am constantly asking from others here so it is just great to be able to return a little help.

Good luck with them
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back