DIY tanning booths, anyone made one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare@missangelface

Clare Anne
Reaction score
I want something different to a pop up tent or static tanning booth. Something wipeable, that will fold against a wall or roll up??

Wondered if anyone's tried something different and would like to share your story

Fingers crossed you can help

I brought a tanning curtain on eBay, I love it so far

I brought a tanning curtain on eBay, I love it so far
Does it contain the spray enough. I've seen those and they look good. How do you attach yours? With the suckers it comes with?

I am very new to tanning buy have been practicing a lot at home, it’s got the little white hooks you know that you peel away the yellow film off then underneath is sticky, that’s the only problem because if you’re mobile then you will have to stick to client’s walls. It does contain the spray though, my living room is all white furniture and flooring and haven’t had any overspray. I find it very easy to put away too. I hope this helps.

I have often wondered if you could make one using an exhibition stand.

I am very new to tanning buy have been practicing a lot at home, it’s got the little white hooks you know that you peel away the yellow film off then underneath is sticky, that’s the only problem because if you’re mobile then you will have to stick to client’s walls. It does contain the spray though, my living room is all white furniture and flooring and haven’t had any overspray. I find it very easy to put away too. I hope this helps.
Thank you. I want to try something different but it's great to know it's containing the spray, without the need for something massive

I have often wondered if you could make one using an exhibition stand.
I've seen ones made from white boards ...thinking something that will fold neatly back onto the wall

A few years ago a company made blow-up tanning tents. No idea how good they were, would be interested to hear from someone who had one.

A few years ago a company made blow-up tanning tents. No idea how good they were, would be interested to hear from someone who had one.
Wonder how quickly they blow up ..

Really quick. You plug them into the wall. I will try to find one...

Here you go...

Had a quick look... Out of stock everywhere:(

I want something different to a pop up tent or static tanning booth. Something wipeable, that will fold against a wall or roll up??

Wondered if anyone's tried something different and would like to share your story

There are like £40 on ebay, making your own would require waterproof tapes and sprays and need 3 sides. Just a curtain won’t cut it. One spray tan in my tent and anything within 4 ft of the opening gets a red layer of droplets. You can imagine how dirty your room would get with a curtain.

There are like £40 on ebay, making your own would require waterproof tapes and sprays and need 3 sides. Just a curtain won’t cut it. One spray tan in my tent and anything within 4 ft of the opening gets a red layer of droplets. You can imagine how dirty your room would get with a curtain.
I've noticed it's loads better since I've got a tan extractor. I have a tent but was wondering if anyone has found anything that's worked well.

As Far as we are aware the Black Inflatable Tents mentioned in an earlier post are not made anymore. You had to have a compressor running all the time to keep it up which is both noisy and expensive to run and it had to be washed in a washing machine as no other way. Sounds good but not practical after every spray tan unless you pack it up and leave it covered in solution.
You could look at the Tanning Cube that we sell and all info is on the Ambermist website. Inflates in less than a minute, stays up for weeks if required, easily wiped down, deflates and packs away in a couple of minutes. Plenty of room inside, not dome shaped as a pop up tent, clear plastic roof for great light. Many more great features, full warranty etc. No more wrestling with pop ups or hosing them down in the garden!
Ambermist

Last edited:
As Far as we are aware the Black Inflatable Tents mentioned in an earlier post are not made anymore. You had to have a compressor running all the time to keep it up which is both noisy and expensive to run and it had to be washed in a washing machine as no other way. Sounds good but not practical after every spray tan unless you pack it up and leave it covered in solution.
You could look at the Tanning Cube that we sell and all info is on the Ambermist website. Inflates in less than a minute, stays up for weeks if required, easily wiped down, deflates and packs away in a couple of minutes. Plenty of room inside, not dome shaped as a pop up tent, clear plastic roof for great life. Many more great features, full warranty etc. No more wrestling with pop ups or hosing them down in the garden!
Ambermist
I'll have a look, thank you

Thank you. I want to try something different but it's great to know it's containing the spray, without the need for something massive

I am very very new to tanning so it might not be the best for people it’s just all I know as fake bake didnt have tents when I ordered my stuff so I got this, for me at home it’s good.

Latest posts

Back