DND gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often do allergies come up?

There's been a massive explosion of allergy reactions since the introduction of gel polish, the vast majority of which are down to improper use. @BobSweden is the best source facts about this issue. His group has extremely useful information on the subject. I'm sure if you PM him he'll provide access for you.

How often do allergies come up?

The British Association of Dermatologists produced a reporting August 2018 and stated that there was a "nail product allergy epidemic"!

From my own experience, I am regularly received emails or messages from people who developed allergies while at nail school as well as new Nail Techs - that never happened 10 years ago.

There are three main reasons:

- brands buying gel polish from China, in some cases lying about the origin
- not using a LED/UV lamp that has been properly tested to cure correctly (most brands do not have a laboratory to do this)
- poor education - especially online classes.

Chinese gel polish costs $1 or LESS for 15ml and brands can order is low quantity, ready filled. So they can start a brand for less than $1000, compared to $100,000 or more to do it safely and legally. This is why there are so many new brands that appeared the past 8 years and many were started by business people with no nail industry experience.

Latest posts

Back