Do antibiotics cause lifting??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzey86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I done a full set on a client (also friend) last week and she has pulled them all off!!!!!! she said they was lifting and ask if it could be down to her antibiotics, could this be the prob for lifting as i make sure my prep is 110%

Thanks

Carly x

P.s Another friends daughter wants her nails done, gel, she is almost 15, to do or not to do???

Hi geeks,

I done a full set on a client (also friend) last week and she has pulled them all off!!!!!! she said they was lifting and ask if it could be down to her antibiotics, could this be the prob for lifting as i make sure my prep is 110%

Thanks

Carly x

P.s Another friends daughter wants her nails done, gel, she is almost 15, to do or not to do???

We need details!! What product you are using.

Antibiotics (prolonged use of) can cause yellowing of the natural nails but your client's HEALTH may BE CAUSING THE PROBLEM OF LIFTING ...not the cure but ... the CAUSE of her having to take the antibios in the first place.

Personally I think she is using antibios as an excuse to have picked them. Clients never take responsibility for what they do to their enhancements.

She will have heard some tek say, "antibiotics cause lifting" and is trying to offer it as an excuse to you for why she picked at them. IMHO

Thanks for quick reply!!

i am using NSI balance gel, i have done them on myself and my mum with not 1 problem. I think your right i think she might be a secret picker!!

im not sure about the lifting...but in response to your question about your friends daugther...i give my daughters enhancements and they are now 15 and other one is coming up 14...i have been doing them for the past year (so 15 and 14)....its a personal preference....just have to think if the girl will look after them..it can be a bit disheartening to see them getting wrecked because they dont look after them. my daughter didnt look after hers and it was another 6 months before i would do them again; this time she is looking after them lol

I am not sure about the anti bi causing lifting but I have a client who's nail plates were so shinny.... I could not get the shine off. ( not wanting to over buff either) BUT... I did the full set... sure enough just as I had told her.. they all came off one by one.... I could not work it out... she came back 2 or 3 times.. each time loosing at least 5 or 6... I noticed her hair was getting shinnier each visit too..... I made a coment and she said her mother had put her onto a "hair, skin and Nails tablet"!!!!! Bingo.... she stopped taking them and has not had a problem since....

Latest posts

Back