Do any colorists out there have a plan to keep blonde healthy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can only feel the outside of the hair so it won’t feel smoother to touch.
If you do an elasticity test on some cuttings treated and untreated, you should notice the difference.

Yes, you still need to use a conditioner afterwards.

So I’m a newer stylist and like you I was afraid of demarcation lines. I use my normal root formula usually 20vol/30vol only if necessary. I’ll then have a bowl and very soft brush(framar) to just lightly feather 6 or 10vol bleach onto any already bleached hair . You can also do your root then weave out any darker pieces keeping your foil open. Place a small foil -it’ll stick to the bleach below- and brush your lightener over it, fold gently.
another method is to alternate different weaves (Babylight/fine/medium) or even backcomb some to diffuse demarcation lines. I use a combo of these methods when there’s a large regrowth but if they are coming in regularly I never need to unless my weaves are chunky or they are extremely dark/banded!
my boss uses a clarifying shampoo on any non bleached hair and our usual one at the roots if there’s purple shampoo or toner build up. It helps to open the cuticle on non bleached hair before toning. Often lines of demarcation are from uneven porosity rather than your bleach application. Kenra porosity equaliser is good for hair that has uneven porosity too.

You can only feel the outside of the hair so it won’t feel smoother to touch.
If you do an elasticity test on some cuttings treated and untreated, you should notice the difference.

Yes, you still need to use a conditioner afterwards.
GOTCHA ! thank you for that !!

So I’m a newer stylist and like you I was afraid of demarcation lines. I use my normal root formula usually 20vol/30vol only if necessary. I’ll then have a bowl and very soft brush(framar) to just lightly feather 6 or 10vol bleach onto any already bleached hair . You can also do your root then weave out any darker pieces keeping your foil open. Place a small foil -it’ll stick to the bleach below- and brush your lightener over it, fold gently.
another method is to alternate different weaves (Babylight/fine/medium) or even backcomb some to diffuse demarcation lines. I use a combo of these methods when there’s a large regrowth but if they are coming in regularly I never need to unless my weaves are chunky or they are extremely dark/banded!
my boss uses a clarifying shampoo on any non bleached hair and our usual one at the roots if there’s purple shampoo or toner build up. It helps to open the cuticle on non bleached hair before toning. Often lines of demarcation are from uneven porosity rather than your bleach application. Kenra porosity equaliser is good for hair that has uneven porosity too.

That is some sound advice, I'm so happy to have found this community !! <3

Latest posts

Back