Do any of you do your own nails at home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aymiecakes

Reaction score
I really love to do my own nail designs, but in getting my nails done at a salon, I feel limited in this aspect. Most nail techs in my area do not speak much English, and have trouble understanding what I want done. Even if I were to go out of my way to find a good manicurist, I do not have enough time in the day to be stuck at a salon for long periods of time, as I have a family at home. I would like to do my own solar refills at home, but is it harder to do on yourself? I tried a very, very long time ago, but I didn't have success. I didn't have the professional tools; I was just a teen. This time around, I don't mind buying a Dremel or whatever I may need, as long as it is a feasible goal.

My apologies if this question has already been asked. Thanks in advance.

You've filled your profile saying you are a nail professional. Do you not own professional implements now? Most of us pretty much do our own nails, but it naturally takes a bit longer than it would if we were to do a client's nails due to having to use our least dominate hand for have the service, and having to work at a different angle. But since most of the time, our own hands are what we've been practicing on, we get used to it.

Thanks for your response. When I filled my profile, I only checked "yes" for makeup. I don't know how all of them became "yes" answers. I have corrected this issue.

I can imagine that it is harder to work without always being able to use the dominant hand. As long as it is a feasible goal, I would like to try.

If you've not trained with l&p or whatever product you're planning to use for your backfills, I would strongly suggest it. Most people think it's harmless and beneficial to their pocketbooks, but end up developing an allergy to it due to over exposure. Also, I wouldn't suggest using an electric file unless you've had proper training for it as well to reduce risk of self inflicted injury.

Latest posts

Back