Do any of you have regrets being self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your advice its been great,i wont be given in my notice till about the 15th after ive done my acrylic conversion course,so i ll let you know how i get on then.x

I've been self employed for around 6 years.

Don't have any regrets, but have experienced a few problems, which I will go into.

Apart from these I would never work for anyone ever again if I could get away with it as I love being my own boss, managing clients around my time etc.

My regret was being so busy at one point and not being able to say no to clients.

I would book them in on their request, would never say no - but now I work differently. I've realised that there for everyone's beck and call (meaning that in the nicest possible way).

I used to work a couple of long days and many evenings - looking back I do regret it a little as I am first and foremost a mum although I was always there for my little boy (he was in nursery or bed when I worked!) I ran around like a headless chicken, putting dinner on whilst packing up equipment, getting little one ready for bed at the same time.

I was doing too much at that's not healthy. Although that was a short period of time before I got pregnant and wised up.

Have to say I do minimal work as I have a new baby who I love being with and don't want to miss out on his life.:lol:

Latest posts

Back