Do any of you use a magnifier lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I have found that I really need my glasses when doing nails, so was wondering if any of you used one of these types of lamps on your desk? If so, are there any hard and fast rules for picking a decent one?

I'm thinking one that has a big enough arm so the light can come down from above. Also, this one doesn't emit any heat. What do you think?

22W Fluorescent Daylight Magnifier Lamp Free Delivery : Magnifier Lamps : Maplin

oh ! im so with you there, ive got glasses for close up work but i hardly ever wear them, i hate having them on, so i have been thinking the same as you, but im not sure if that will just annoy me too, so i havent done anything about it at all.

I've made myself get used to mine and find I need them more at the moment. I have to do a fair amount of hand writing for my main job and this can be quite uncomfortable if I attempt it without them. I find myself grabbing them all the time now. I think it's when I have to really focus and concentrate, it puts a strain on my eyes.

I just wonder if these lamps end up a pain in the backside or getting in the way. I think the worst thing that can happen is that I buy a cheap one that ends up flopping, so useless! Hence the thread. :)

i wonder though does it do your eyes any harm, straining them, apart from the odd minor headache, i also wonder if i wear the glasses alot my eyes might become dependent on them, used to them. i think that you cant go wrong with a magnifier because if it does annoy, then you can always just raise it up and use it for the light alone and only bring it down when you really have to, i had thought about that and as its a good flourescent light its even better
and i think my eyes look like this :eek: when i wear glasses Lol

Haha! I was going to use :eek: to describe my eyes too! I even do my hair according to if I'm going to be wearing my glasses! I prefer it up, in a clip if I am. :lol: Now I feel vain.

That's a good point about if it gets annoying, just positioning it for a lamp instead. I may see if I can do a try before you buy.

I have one that I used to use for the light but I now have it stashed in the cupboard...
Rhiannon x

Hi,

Mine is now in the attic!

It was Ok but it really got on my nerves as although it has a large area to see though (about 6" squared), I found myself looking and working to the side of it:lol:.

I now have an adjustable daylight lamp that stretches over the whole of my work area and I use my glasses :lol:

I don't use a magnifying lamp but I do use magnifying glasses. They are reading glasses you can get at a drugstore and work really well. Not that expensive, either. HTH! :)

Hmm, a mixed bag at the moment then. I have improved the lighting in the room today by changing to a different bulb, but still working with my Halogen task lighting lamp on the desk. It drooped at one point earlier, I can't have that! :p

Latest posts

Back