Do any of you use this???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a technician from Sweden and i have seen nailtechs using this http://z.about.com/d/homerepair/1/0/m/-/-/-/clamp.jpg

They use it to pinch the customers nails at the salon in order to create competition nails. I was wondering if this isn,t risky to use??? i have to say that the results looked good but i can,t help imagining it going wrong at a certain point with these things.

Opinions????

Well I have seen it all now!

Arent these clamps for DIY?

These are clamps that you can buy in any tool store between the screwdrivers and saws :).

I was little bit shocked when i saw that... i thought you got to be kidding me that any customer wants that hanging on her nail in order to get a deep pinch :rolleyes:... but they do...

oh dear god i think if i pulled that out of my draw my clients would run a mile!!!!:eek:

Someone was asking about this ages ago and I've forgotten which thread?
Anyone remember??

hmmm. i think my husband's got one of these in his toolbox(he' a plumber)
i don't think i'll be using one in a hurry...think it might scare my clients.

mind you it's a tempting thought with 1 or 2 clients (only joking) hehe

:)

The woman i took over from used this all the time. When i use one of those pinching tweezers and i ask if it feels uncomfortable or so they laugh and say...this is nothing compared to that other thing.
:rolleyes:

Never heard of anyone using that before !!!

When I was mobile, i used to have a big pair of plyers in my trolley case, and when I went to a new client I would set out my stuff & tools etc and put these out on my towel as well!!!! Their faces were a picture & everyone always said OMG what are those for????
'To open my glue bottle!' I'd reply sweetly!! The look on their faces then was pure relief!!:lol::lol:

Not being mobile, I don't have ths problem anymore, as my glue stays standing up on my nail desk. I also use gelbond, so it doesn't happen.

Never heard of anyone using that before !!!

When I was mobile, i used to have a big pair of plyers in my trolley case, and when I went to a new client I would set out my stuff & tools etc and put these out on my towel as well!!!! Their faces were a picture & everyone always said OMG what are those for????
'To open my glue bottle!' I'd reply sweetly!! The look on their faces then was pure relief!!:lol::lol:

Not being mobile, I don't have ths problem anymore, as my glue stays standing up on my nail desk. I also use gelbond, so it doesn't happen.

:green::green: well now you found two ways to use the clamps

I use pinching tongs which are a tad bigger than a tweezer, and they are made to use with nails. but you certaintly don't clamp them into place! Yikes!!

:eek: .......and ......:eek: again !!!!!!!

Omg I can't belive these are actually used !!!
Jeepers Creepers !!!
Im......
Im just speechless hahaha...and my eyes litrally did do this :eek: when i looked at the pic,

I use pinching tongs from ezflow nice and dainty and pretty lol,

Thankyou...thankyou....:hug:
for some strange reason I have never thought to actually keep pliers nearby for these times,
I have had my feller open them with pliers before..
But if he's not here, I have spent a long long time searching,
Good excuse to by myself the pretty pink tool kit i have seen :green:

I'll stick with my pinching tongs or thumbnails thanks, how scarey is that :eek: I'd run a mile if Anne Vera got one of those out, not that she pinches anyway :lol:

Now I know why I haven't quite won that trophy yet lol!:lol::lol::lol:

i didnt expect to see that :eek:.i cant believe someone would use that.i cant imagine what my clients would think if i got that out to use:lol:

Is this a joke:eek::eek: I'm trying to figure how it's even possible????

You put the free edge between those yellow things and then tighten it...A LOT...

OH MY let me tell you i am going to go get a few from hubbys Cave oh my MY clients are going to freak out i think it will be a good joke !!! lol Oh i can't wait!!! LOL

Wow, that is scary. I cannot believe that they allow them to use those. :eek:

Latest posts

Back