Do clients think we are stupid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Why do clients get someone else to ring up and cancel their appointments? why can't they man up and just do it themselves? Had a woman ring up yesterday ask for a quote about a cut and booked in, today someone rang up on her behalf and cancelled and made an excuse? These types of people a pain in the ass. Who else has this? Had another person have me for a few appointments and her daughter rang up and cancelled saying that she is staying with her as she isn't well, I deliberately rang my clients house phone and she was at home? Why do this? It makes u look like an idiot and it's pathetic! Sorry if I sound mean it it bugs me that they can't tell you if u do something wrong and make someone else ring up cancel? I am confident in my work but it's so annoying! Sorry for the rant! :( xx

completely understand where you're coming from hun. I had a client ring once to have highlights for her hair booked an appointment, changed it twice, and when i got there she wouldn't even open the door even though i could hear her T.V. blasting. I rang up to see where she was, and she said, "ouhh sorry wrong number":irked: like i'm too stupid to recognize her voice. bloody cheek and it was a hot day too so heat plus time wasters make for a very upset hairdresser. but i guess u learn from your mistakes in life.:cool:

I phoned a no show once and said
"hi (etc etc)... You had an appointment today at (etc etc)"

Her reply was...

"yeah, I know but I decided to go into town 'cos I wanted a new pair of shoes."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go figure!

i had a no show 2 days in a row last week...

Due to come to mine at 5 oclock for a restyle as she had decided to go red to blonde herself so basically, goodbye hair.

5:30 comes and goes so i text her and say 'i have an appointment in an hour so unless you're here in the next 5 mins, i won't be able to do your hair today'

15 mins later i get a txt saying 'ohh ermm can we do it another day, been having family problems'

well obviously!!! i said she had 5 mins max...so i said ok tomorrow at 5? she ok'd it so 5 oclock comes the next day.

quarter past, half past, i text her, quarter to i text her again, nothing... so at 6 oclock i said ' hi ***, this is the second day in a row i have rushed home between clients to cut your hair and you haven't showed again...i understand you may have a reason for it but nothing could get in the way of a quick text to say you won't be able to make it for whatever reason...for this reason, if you want to re book i will be charging £10 ontop for not turning up twice...if you don't think this is fair, then i advise you to go to a salon for your haircut, which will be more expensive and you will incur a charge if you don't show up for the first time not after 2. this is my business, not something i do for the fun of it!'

her reply 'sorry was having family problems again'

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I give up!

Just wait till you get the client ringing up themselves but pretending to be someone else cancelling on their behalf. That is awkward.

God why do clients take the pee out of us! It isn't fair, I do have some lovely ones but it brings u down when u get treated like crap trying to run a buisness from the other ones who don't care wasting your time and petrol! Went to a lady on Tuesday, turned up and she said oh I don't feel like having my hair done today sorry, 12 miles from my house! What could I say it's not ok? Argh! No I will give u some petrol money.. Nothing! I think it's very rude! U get good people and bad and my god why would someone ring up pretending to be someone else! That is awful! Why would they do that?!

Seriously all of this is shocking!
I had a new client call about 2 months ago at 9am for a spray tan. I said the only slot I have left was 3pm so she took it.
This was a Friday & some of my regular ladies called that day and I had to turn them away as I was fully booked 9 til 9. 3pm came and went so at 3.10pm I called the number the new client had called me from.

"Hi, you had an appointment with me today at 3pm, it's now 3.10pm I'm just wondering if you are on your way or need directions?"

She replied with, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I said, "you called me this morning at 9am for a spray tan, I saved your number."

She said, "It wasn't me."

I replied, "We both know it was you. In future, please book your treatments elsewhere. Thankyou. Bye."

I was so annoyed! Just pretended she hadn't called me when I recognised her voice from that morning and saved her number! I don't know how people dare!

Seriously all of this is shocking!
I had a new client call about 2 months ago at 9am for a spray tan. I said the only slot I have left was 3pm so she took it.
This was a Friday & some of my regular ladies called that day and I had to turn them away as I was fully booked 9 til 9. 3pm came and went so at 3.10pm I called the number the new client had called me from.

"Hi, you had an appointment with me today at 3pm, it's now 3.10pm I'm just wondering if you are on your way or need directions?"

She replied with, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I said, "you called me this morning at 9am for a spray tan, I saved your number."

She said, "It wasn't me."

I replied, "We both know it was you. In future, please book your treatments elsewhere. Thankyou. Bye."

I was so annoyed! Just pretended she hadn't called me when I recognised her voice from that morning and saved her number! I don't know how people dare!

Lol! I had one client do this. I'd texted the number she called me from as a reminder message and she said: don't know who you are or what you're talking about.
I defo had the right number as I just pressed the 'text number' button.

I was having my dinner and she turned up!

Miffed to say the least...x

I have a regular client that takes the freaking p*** outta me! She asks me to do put her washing in the tumble dryer everyone I come over, answers the phone when I am doing her hair, to stop at a pharmacy and pick up her cream as she has run out, she says oh I hope it's not out your way, of course it's out of my way! Asks me to go over the post office a walking distance from her house to get her wine and get money out for her! How do I go about this one without saying I am not your bloody skivvy! Argh! If i wasn't so hard up at the moment I would not go to these clients! Gets me down!

Tell her you don't have time as you have other clients to get to x

I had a few annoying clients as well...
1. Client books in for eyelash extensions, comes over with her mom (i was recommended to her), we fill in consultation cards, etc, i show her the treatment room, explain the procedure etc etc and she turns around and says to me: oh can i bring my mom home before we go ahead? She only lived 10 mins down the road and since i had no bookings after, i told her that it would be ok! So she goes. In meantime i get another person asking for eyelash extensions and luxury facial. I explained to her that i have another client due in and since she was having tons of other treatments done, i thought i would be just in time with the first one and this second one...
Half an hour passes.45 minutes... one hour...1h 15 mins (bear in mind its 8 pm so no traffic!). I decide to call the client. What does she say? Oh, she says, i meant to call you that i am nit going to come!!!
So, potentially i lost out on a luxury facial, her eyelash extensions and my 2nd client ended up only getting her lashes done. It was nearly 100 euro in income i had lost!

2. Just two days ago, groupon client was booked in to our hairdresser. We were mad busy so she was sitting around, waiting. Suddenly, just before her time to go on a chair, she stands up and says she will come back in a minute, just wants a drink from the shop. Ok, shop is next door... guess if she came back!?

Jurate xx

I have a regular client that takes the freaking p*** outta me! She asks me to do put her washing in the tumble dryer everyone I come over, answers the phone when I am doing her hair, to stop at a pharmacy and pick up her cream as she has run out, she says oh I hope it's not out your way, of course it's out of my way! Asks me to go over the post office a walking distance from her house to get her wine and get money out for her! How do I go about this one without saying I am not your bloody skivvy! Argh! If i wasn't so hard up at the moment I would not go to these clients! Gets me down!

Omg!!! That's disgusting I'd just say I'm your hairdresser not your pa I've got other clients to go to!! X

Latest posts

Back