Do eyelash extensions last in the heat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suseyb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a client going on holiday soon and wants eyelash extensions but asked if they will be ok in the heat/sea and using sun tan lotion. I use Nouveau lashes and all their products and I know how good and strong the glus is but will they be ok in the sun. I would love someone's expert opinion on this.

Thank you x :rolleyes:

Sun lotion will cause lashes to fall off.

I was wondering this the other day. One of my clients lashes last beautifully on her and she usually has about 70% of them left when she comes for an infill every 2 weeks, but she went on holiday to Vietnam not long ago and said her lashes "wilted" in the heat! She came back for an infill when she got home and sure enough, the ones that were left had lost their curl.

Why did this happen? Could it be that she got sun cream on them unknowingly? I'd love an answer. It also looked like the glue had "melted" and run to the base of the lashes, clumping them together... I KNOW they weren't like that when I did them before she left as I have picture evidence! They were an absolute mess so I removed and reapplied. They felt a bit gummy when I was removing them so I assumed a product was used that affected them.

I wondered whether she had sprayed insect repellant on her face, and the DEET affected them but she said she didn't. Could a spray on sun cream affect the lashes?

Xxx

mods: this needs moving to Skin Geek x

Clients need to use an oil-free sun tan lotion.
I have a lot of clients that have had their lashes done just before their holiday and they've been fine.
I wore mine for 2 weeks for my holiday when it was scorching hot and I was in the pool every day and they were fine too.
Oil free sun tan lotion and a towel by the side of the pool!

I had eyelash extensions when I went to Thailand for 3 weeks coming up to their hottest time of year.

I was just careful when applying sun cream and gently washed them every 3-4 days with baby shampoo. They lasted for over 4 weeks - I was also doing hot yoga!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I live and work in a country that has a temperature of 35+ all year round so I can definately say that eyelash extensions are not normally effected by the heat unless they are applied in a too humid condition. We apply and wear all year round and are just careful when applying products to our eyes which should be the case with any enhancement.

Latest posts

Back