Do flyers still work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koko23

Reaction score
Just looking for opinions or experience anyone has ? I currently do all my marketing via Facebook but thinking to try other ways. Has anyone had success from flyers or do people just bin them ? Would love to hear your thoughts xx

When I opened my business they really helped to raise awareness locally, just remember that you will get a 2-5% response so order the right quantities and it's worth looking at a local delivery company.

Thanks for replying. Will look into this as it's hard to trust someone to give them out xx

I did a leaflet drop when I first opened and I got 2 or 3 clients from it (after giving out hundreds!!). I didn't bother doing it again, although those clients did become regulars. I had one lady contact me 2 years later wanting the same price as on the leaflet haha ...so maybe put a disclaimer on there if you plan to put prices on!

To be honest I bin all leaflets that come through my door ...especially ones from royal mail or companies who post 10 through at once.

I gained far more clients by having a website. Majority of new clients say they found me online. For me a website is definitely worth the investment and my clients can book online which makes my life easier.

Personally I don't think flyers work as much anymore, they have to be eyecatching and it kinda depends on how you distribute them. In person you can get the attention and talk more about it. If you're on facebook or instagram then look at making eflyers for your target audience. xoxo

website certainly worth and it costs not more than couple of hundred for 3 years

I’ve had great success from leaflet drops but it really does depend on your leaflet. If it looks like a takeaway menu it probably won’t get a second glance. Our leaflets are more like a booklet. They’re on thick paper with a matt finish. People comment on how lovely they are. The last leaflet drop cost me around £40 for 1000 (only the delivery. The leaflets were nearly out of date as we were putting prices up). We’ve had a lot of clients from them. If they’re nice people are more inclined to keep them, and then they see them at someone else’s house and they talk about you/services/leaflet.

There are a lot of people who will never look on Facebook and if they do, would never consider a service via Facebook. All your advertising needs to be everywhere. We do a regular magazine ad, Facebook, website, leaflet drops and so on. And keep doing it.

Vic x

I’ve had great success from leaflet drops but it really does depend on your leaflet. If it looks like a takeaway menu it probably won’t get a second glance. Our leaflets are more like a booklet. They’re on thick paper with a matt finish. People comment on how lovely they are. The last leaflet drop cost me around £40 for 1000 (only the delivery. The leaflets were nearly out of date as we were putting prices up). We’ve had a lot of clients from them. If they’re nice people are more inclined to keep them, and then they see them at someone else’s house and they talk about you/services/leaflet.

There are a lot of people who will never look on Facebook and if they do, would never consider a service via Facebook. All your advertising needs to be everywhere. We do a regular magazine ad, Facebook, website, leaflet drops and so on. And keep doing it.

Vic x
And this is why you're successful :)

Latest posts

Back