Do hand sanitisers cause lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Anne

Reaction score
Hey guys , does anyone know if hand sanitizers can cause lifting with gels etc ??
Thanks xxx

I'd say it's possible alright. I know before lockdown we did not have any problems with it, but now with their being so many cheap/substandard hand sanitiser products being sold or even on entering different premises, I'd say it could affect them.
That's just my opinion

Thanku was slightly concerned xxx

Thanku was slightly concerned xxx
I've just been telling our clients that we are unsure if the extreme use of sanitiser will affect their nails lasting, so not to be afraid to give us a call if any problems that they wouldnt usually have

From experience with clients who work in hospital or have had to visit quarantined relatives daily, yes, hand sanitiser does effect gel polish adherence. Where possible wash hands rather than use the alcohol based gels.

I agree, I’ve had clients back with several nails off or lifted in the past from using gel sanitiser.

Yes I have 2 clients who work at dentists, they have their nails done for holiday for a week then first day back at work using gel they all start lifting

Hi, I have encountered lifting due to using different varieties of hand gel sanitisation. I'm a nail tech but work in supermarket and using these to sanitise between customers has caused lifting which never happened before lockdown.

I specifically told my daughter not to use spray sanitiser on our gel nail decals - but she ignored me . She’s coming in to redo the lifting decals in her own time - of course it could have been me popping them in our ultrasonic soaking machine

How is everyone cleaning their samples?

Thanks to this site my disappearing two pointed fingers of powder gel question has been answered!

Latest posts

Back