Do I continue to do her nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a little opinion and advice please,

I have a client who has been coming to me for L&P extensions for a while now. She has clear tips with a natural and pink overlay. Her nails were in a very bad condition when she came to me (from another salon) as she had bitten her L&P'S off!!! :x :( :x
I gave her a nice new set which she was happy with. A few months later she came back to me with no nails on she said she was "letting them breathe!!!!!" and her nails were litteraly crumbling (esp. her thumbs). She wanted new nails on and I was not happy to comply, however after about 20 minutes of her begging I did. Her nails are an absolute disgrace and I dont think I am doing her any favours by keeping them on.
I use Young nails, and I have given her Thymol to use as she had a bacterial infection on her ring finger.

I dont know what to do, HELP!!!!

Kat xxx

Well love sounds like you got your hands full there.................

She is not doing herselfs any favours by biting the L&P off her nail, must have nut cracker like teeth .............

Every time she does this, she causes trauma to the nail plate.........
She doesn't realize, that in order for extensions of any form to adhere and stay on the nail safley, they need a sound base.

You wouldn't build a house on crumbling foundations would ya.............

I think the Lady has to be made aware that she is causing huge nail damage with her biting habit.
I certainly would not continue giving her enhancements...................

As you said you don't think you are doing her any favours.........and I my opinion you are not................it's a bit like aiding and abetting.......
You wouldn't get an alcoholic a bottle of drink, no matter how much they begged for it..............unless you didn't care and where only interested in earning money from that one bottle of plonk. which obviously you are not !!! You care and are concerned.........{{{{{hugg}}}}}

Every time they are put on she bites them off.........
I also see that she doesn't come in regular for infill's or some sort of maintenance....................

Educate her firmly but nicely, tell her that , she wouldn't request a nice new roof on a crumbling mansion...............
Tell her, her best bet would be a rest period, so she can have nourishing manicures, then when you think her nails have improved, you would reconsider the enhancement............
If this Lady is taking your advice then good for her and you might have just got yourself a client, that you can be proud of................
But if she doesn't and goes else where then, dont be upset, dont take it to heart, continue with the deserving clients, the ones that respect your professional oppinion and will show off your work with pride and not dismantle it with a sharp set of teeth ..........................

love Ruth xxxx

Thanks for the reassurance! She is back in on Thursday, and I think i will be having a firm but gentle word in her ear!!!!

Thanks again

Katxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back