do i gamble?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxlauracrossxx

Reaction score
this might be a long one sorry....

ok im working 4 days a week and 2 days private doing nails beauty and a bit of everything.
the problem...
work have told me i HAVE to work different days which would be on those days i do mobile, which my clients for years have only wed and thurs. im fed up and not sure if to leave and go fully mobile or to stay over xmas and risk loosing some mobile clients whilst i make work happy. or to look for a room some where.
first they gave me a rota till jan 08 so all my mobile clients book in and we get all sorted allowing space for any new clients and now the unexpected new rota arrives with all differnt days and 2 days notice till the new rota starts!! and now i ll have to dissapoint so many clients which are more friends if i change them and if they cant rearrange i might loose them? pls help :(

this might be a long one sorry....

ok im working 4 days a week and 2 days private doing nails beauty and a bit of everything.
the problem...
work have told me i HAVE to work different days which would be on those days i do mobile, which my clients for years have only wed and thurs. im fed up and not sure if to leave and go fully mobile or to stay over xmas and risk loosing some mobile clients whilst i make work happy. or to look for a room some where.
first they gave me a rota till jan 08 so all my mobile clients book in and we get all sorted allowing space for any new clients and now the unexpected new rota arrives with all differnt days and 2 days notice till the new rota starts!! and now i ll have to dissapoint so many clients which are more friends if i change them and if they cant rearrange i might loose them? pls
help :(
ps i have a big morgage to concider if i went mobile completly!

sorry, bit confused?
where do you work and for whom? who gives you the rotas? is this beauty or something else?

Does you work place know you do other work?

If not maybe they have found out and don't like it, so change your days to make it akward for you. Just a thought.

If they don't know, then tell them. If your thinking a long the line of leaving you will not loose anything. It might just save your private cilentel

Hi Laura

Have you a contract at work? If so, check it out - could be they should be giving you more notice than 2 days for a change of shifts, you may be able to fight the change.

How would you be expected to cope if you had childcare to sort out (assuming you don't)?

could you go mobile full time? is this an option financially?

I'd try and have a word with work and see what you can sort out, surely with a bit of notice your clients could change their days.

If your not happy there - then maybe take the leap and go mobile/rent some space - if it doesnt work there's always other jobs !

Have i made that as clear as mud for ya?:hug:

good luck with whatever you decide...oh btw is there a partner involved who you could talk this through with re the mortgage?

Amb x

my manager gave me the rotas.
ive tryed calling my regional manager for guidance but no answer no reply?
i could try to work round the rota but with 2 days notice its impossible,(even with no children)
i have so many commitments im just angry they have done that and cant seem to resolve it at the mo!
i have paper work in our work folder so prove i earn the most everyweek sice week 1 of me starting. i get along with everyone??? its strange

Latest posts

Back