Do i give up the room & go mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping you can all help me.

I rent 2 small rooms in an office block but unfortunately it doesnt really get noticed. I have been there since October and have not gained any clients from it apart from every now and then, i only really have 2 regulars and a few friends every now and then. I pay a monthly rent that isnt expensive but i do have to pay electric and water. I re-decorated both the rooms and spent a lot of money on it, but i am not even making enough to cover the electric bill! I work full time and so am only there evenings and weekends and feel like i cant give 100% to it. My dad has put a lot of money and effort into it, and i feel like if i give it up i will be letting him down but its just not going anywhere. So do i stick it out or go back to being mobile again?? I know its a decision for me to make but hoping for some assistance pleeaaasssee xx

can u cet a big board and put it outside?

maybe advertise a bit more.

every1 who brings a new client gets 10% off so there doing the advertising 4 u?

maybe u can offer 2 go 2 there house 2 & c if it makes a difference & if it does then u can think about givin up the rooms

stick with it for a few more months & c how it goes

Have you thought about seeing if another nail tech would open up in the day..! If people are going passed in the day and seeing it closed i guess i would think that it isnt open at all.

That seems like a good idea Vicky-

Kelly- Why not see if you could find some techs who are looking to rent-a station during the day- charge a set fee or % of what they earn, it would help towards your costs.

It does seem to be a bit of a waste of a space if it's sitting empty all daytime.

Then wait for you're clients to build up- sometimes it does take a good 12mths to be really busy

xxx
vicky said:
Have you thought about seeing if another nail tech would open up in the day..! If people are going passed in the day and seeing it closed i guess i would think that it isnt open at all.

Hi ya thanks for your replies, i do have an A board that goes out the front and do leaflet drops, an advert in the yellow pages etc.

Because the rooms are very small etc would i be able to rent it during the day? would that be a factor which would make a difference, i also wouldnt know where to start looking for someone etc x x

Of course you can rent it out. I really would put my feelers out for a good tec..! Dont close when you havent even tryed that route.

I remember when you got the place....dont give up now :hug:

Kellyc said:
Hi ya thanks for your replies, i do have an A board that goes out the front and do leaflet drops, an advert in the yellow pages etc.

Because the rooms are very small etc would i be able to rent it during the day? would that be a factor which would make a difference, i also wouldnt know where to start looking for someone etc x x

stick it out hunny it takes time to build up clientle
you say its in office can you not send out leaflets offering buy one treatment get on free, the free one being the cheapest.
i did this and works well for me
Kellyc said:

Just a thought..!! you say there is offices around the shop, have you thought about going into some of the offices and asking the girls on the front desk if they would like a free set of nails and a bit of nail art, in return they send anyone that asks aout their nails your way..! Make sure you leave them plenty of your cards too....!!!

Hi ya, the problem is there are only 3 offices, one is a dental laboratory and the other one is a shipping company and the other is currently empty, but i will do ome more leaflets etc.

I think i will go with the option of renting the space whilst i am at work. Would prefer to charge a flat rate though but what is an average rate etc?

thanks again for all your help x x x x:hug:

I think its about 25% but im not sure an a flat rate.

It seems to me that you are feeling guilty cos your dad put a lot of money into it and you dont want to let him down. Well why dont you sit down with your dad and tell him exactly how you feel. Tell him you want his advice, as a dad. He will be pleased that you are turning to him in your time of need. He may tell you to pack in, who knows. But dad will know best, after all, dads only want what is good for their little girls you know.

valburt said:
It seems to me that you are feeling guilty cos your dad put a lot of money into it and you dont want to let him down. Well why dont you sit down with your dad and tell him exactly how you feel. Tell him you want his advice, as a dad. He will be pleased that you are turning to him in your time of need. He may tell you to pack in, who knows. But dad will know best, after all, dads only want what is good for their little girls you know.

Hi ya, your right, after thinking about it today and now got a thumping headache im going to discuss it with him this evening, i do feel as though after his effort and money i shouldnt be giving it up but i just dont feel ready for it and have no clientele, is aware that things are very slow! So ill let you know my decision if im still alive lol. x x

Latest posts

Back