Do I have a leg to stand on legally?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious as to how long you were actually in this salon......Days, weeks or months?
I'm assuming you were not 'taking over' an existing clientele.
Were you bringing your own, or was this a new start up?

I was actually in the salon for 1 week! I feel a bit ridiculous even saying it. I was bringing my own existing as well as generating new, it was a new venture. Prior to the week in the salon i spent a few months doing nothing except wondering when it was opening, then we spent weeks dropping leaflets, talking to people around the area, drumming up interest, discussing prices, special offers etc. it was a slow start as they just left it sat for a while half done. It was a project that the owner could only work on on a Sunday when his other businesses were closed. They have no hair/beauty industry knowledge aside from the nan who was a hairdresser a long time ago but she never managed a salon before.

I would thank your lucky stars that you're out of there.

It sounds totally unprofessional and almost slightly comical.

I love the thought of 'nan' coming in and laying down the law with her years of management skills!

Good luck

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would thank your lucky stars that you're out of there.

It sounds totally unprofessional and almost slightly comical.

I love the thought of 'nan' coming in and laying down the law with her years of management skills!

Good luck

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some of the things she came out with did make me laugh, out of shock, I think she might scare a lot of clients away because she just pushes in and takes over hair consultations, tells them what they should n shouldn't do, apparently people are stupid and need telling what they are having n not get to really ask for what they want. Thank god she never entered the treatment room while I was with a client, it may have come to blows anyway. She did stand outside my door less than 5 mins into a brow lip and chin wax and loudly announce I was taking far too long with my client and wondered what I was up to. I think you are very right and I am best off out of there, I love my mobile clients anyway, a lot of them were honest and said they wouldn't go to a salon because they like having treatments at home. I'm glad I have more time for them. Thanks for the replies and the little bit of life experience has been something, not sure what, but something lol!

Latest posts

Back