Do I have to do a course to use fibreglass as a natural overlay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Good evening.
I am qualified in nvq2 beauty therapy and have also done a Gelicure training course.
I was wondering if i have to do a specific course or be trained in extensions to use fiberglass as a natural nail overlay? To use on nail tears or splits etc before applying Gelicure gel polish.

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Good evening.
I am qualified in nvq2 beauty therapy and have also done a Gelicure training course.
I was wondering if i have to do a specific course or be trained in extensions to use fiberglass as a natural nail overlay? To use on nail tears or splits etc before applying Gelicure gel polish.

Thank you

If you want to be covered by insurance I'm sure you do.

The only people who can tell you the answer is your own insurance comapny.

If you are only applying the fibreglass/silk and NOT using resin then they MAY allow that but they may want to see a certificate.

Each insurance provider will require different things so the best thing you can do is ask them.

Thanks ladies! I'll give them a ring x

I have also read on threads on salon geek people using the fibreglass within the basecoat without the resin etc. Will ask my insurance company about just using that too.
Didn't want to come across as just another clueless thread. Thanks for answering!

Latest posts

Back