Do I have to learn intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Your way forward is to get a medical letter confirming your skin problem. This will then contra-indicate you to waxing. End of...
The lecturers don't want to give in because then it opens the door to all the other students who don't want to have this & that (as an ex-lecturer, this was an eternal problem).
Example similar cases would be: If someone is allergic to lash tint, then it cannot be used on them. To have it done on them by another student learning, 'simulation' is done using a thick cleanser. Another example would be students who are phobic about needles and therefore not able to do electrolysis. These students produced a medical letter confirming the phobia.
If a student cannot actually practise a skill for assessment (not in your case), then I would give the student a theory unit to complete in the library for those lessons. This ensured that the student still had the right number of units and credits to achieve their full qualification. Of course if they cannot achieve a mandatory unit, then this is a big problem and should be identified at interview before the course starts. If it hasn't then the only option is to transfer then onto a qualification that does not require it.

For your situation, you are still able to demonstrate and achieve the waxing unit. No where does it say in any Exam board spec that you have to have the treatments yourself. Your achievement of the unit is solely based on your competent demonstration of waxing all the parts of the body as set out in the criteria.
If you can, continue to attend the waxing lessons so that you learn the techniques, practice lots at home on family so when assessment starts you will be ready to get going and get them done asap.

Going private might get you a dermatologist appointment more quickly if you can.
Hope you get sorted, ultimately if you arrive to class without any newly grown hair, they won't be able to wax you!! :)

I am seeking some advice😳I have been told I HAVE to have waxing at college and that their is no reason good enough not to have this. I suffer from skin conditions and pain affects me worse than the average person. Waxing is something I have steered well clear of my entire life and I’m now 34 and returned to college and in danger of losing my space on the course because of the chaos this has caused. I have been in disagreements with the lecturers and now the head of year all saying I have no reason strong enough not to have full waxing completed on my body. I am in turmoil. I get dreadful cysts under my arms which rupture and bleed and I am highly concerned that anywhere else that I receive a wax against my will will have the similar outcome as my skin is not good at the moment. I have no issues bringing a model and none performing any of it the issue is receiving it all on myself. What rights do I have as people say don’t do what your not comfortable but I’m actually being pushed into this at the risk of losing my place on my course and I know I will suffer repercussions for it. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.I’ve been in a meeting with the head who turned round and saidninws defensive and aggressive which couldn’t be further from who I am as a person no one has ever told me that- I’m a bit exhausted with saying no to this and no one listening. Thanks everyone xx
Wow, I can’t believe you are being forced into being waxed when you have a very valid medical reason for not wanting to. Thats disgusting. Is it an actual college or a private educator? If it’s a public college there must be someone you can speak to higher up than the head. It would be discrimination surely for them to remove you from the course. Ideally of course you would try a treatment you were going to provide just to see how it feels etc but I don’t think it’s necessary at all to be able to give that service to anyone else. I think it’s bonkers and I would be furious. I agree with Jo, get a diagnosis from a gp or dermatologist and ask them to write you an exemption letter. On a side not if it is HS then I have read in the earlier stages laser hair removal can help prevent the lumps forming. My brother in law has HS and sadly he was left to long to benefit from laser treatment but he now takes humira which although doesn’t completely solve the problem it has lessened the frequencies.

I am seeking some advice😳I have been told I HAVE to have waxing at college and that their is no reason good enough not to have this. I suffer from skin conditions and pain affects me worse than the average person. Waxing is something I have steered well clear of my entire life and I’m now 34 and returned to college and in danger of losing my space on the course because of the chaos this has caused. I have been in disagreements with the lecturers and now the head of year all saying I have no reason strong enough not to have full waxing completed on my body. I am in turmoil. I get dreadful cysts under my arms which rupture and bleed and I am highly concerned that anywhere else that I receive a wax against my will will have the similar outcome as my skin is not good at the moment. I have no issues bringing a model and none performing any of it the issue is receiving it all on myself. What rights do I have as people say don’t do what your not comfortable but I’m actually being pushed into this at the risk of losing my place on my course and I know I will suffer repercussions for it. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.I’ve been in a meeting with the head who turned round and saidninws defensive and aggressive which couldn’t be further from who I am as a person no one has ever told me that- I’m a bit exhausted with saying no to this and no one listening. Thanks everyone xx
HS is a contraindication for waxing, so why would they try to force you into having it done, ridiculous. I would get my GP to give me a letter confirming the condition and refuse to discuss further. If you're willing to provide a model I see no reason for objection. Stand your ground, although personally I'd be looking elsewhere for my education.

Hi.
I have just started an itec diploma level 2 in beauty and am enjoying the course. We will be learning bikini waxing but thats as far as it goes in that area.
My question is after i have done my level 3 and go in to work will i have to learn brazillian and hollywood waxing? or can i get away with just doing bikini area?

I will be honest and say that i dont really want to learn intimate waxing, its just something i feel i could just never do. so will i have to??

And if i did have to learn woud i learn on the job? or have to go on a course? and on the course how do they teach? do they make you practise on each other? omg i would hope not!

thanks x:o
If the training is available I would definitely recommend it. Learning about it doesn't mean you have to offer it when you qualify, however it will give you a better all-round knowledge that will improve your other skills. And as others have said here, you may find you love it! I learned electrolysis as part of my beauty course and never thought I'd use the training, it's actually become my passion and given me a long and rewarding career, so you never know....x

Latest posts

Back