Do I have to let clients know about price increases?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just wanted to get peoples opinions on wether or not you contact your clients in advance to let them know of price increases? Or if you let them know at payment. I feel like this is an odd thing to ask as personally i dont see the point in letting most clients know beforehand. My local garage doesnt let me know if they are raising the prices of their services and i struggle to see why we should?

My prices are going up from February and i will be letting my more price concious clients know before they come in to see me.

But i wanted to get everyones opinion on this?

Thanks

Id send everyone , people may only bring the usual amount and it will embarrassing for them? You can send a blanket msg to all your clients letting them know its going up x

Personally I would always tell my clients of a forthcoming increase.
For me (a home based salon), I make my price adjustments from the 1st of January each year.
So I get my new price lists printed in October and start handing one to each client from the start of November. This way I have personally handed them "one for next year" and giving them several weeks notice in case they wish to change their bookings at all.
If I haven't seen a client within those 2 months then they are not a regular and they can be informed of the cost at the time of booking.

I change the prices on my website a couple of days before the New Year.

I usually put a little notice in salon at reception area to notify them in advance. Just really to let them know when the increase will be coming into effect.

I always tell my clients of price increase as most of them always bring the exact money x

Personally, I would give at least a month's notice that prices are going up.

I also have a yearly price revision, like CFBS at the start of the year which just so happens to be my financial year start too.
Not everything goes up so it's just a few treatments which may be tweaked or I may launch a new treatment or add on to a treatment.. That is the time for me to do it!
A new price list is given on their christmas appointment or the first one in january. It works for me and no complaints so far

Latest posts

Back