Do I need a Russian lash certificate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennjenn55555

Reaction score
Hi new to this forum, could anyone tell me if I need a Russian lash certificate to use Premade Fans?? I have a classic certificate but was wondering if it’s ok for me to add a few Premade Fans to my clients??

You should check with your insurance but yes, most would require you to be trained in premade fans or russian volume to add this to your treatment list

You should check with your insurance but yes, most would require you to be trained in premade fans or russian volume to add this to your treatment list
Thanks hun I thought this was the case I’ll have to save for my Russian cert xx

Pre made fans are not classed as Russian Volume. Russian Volume is a technique where the technician uses ultra fine lashes eg 0.03 and creates a handmade fan.
It is an advanced skill. Pre made fans are clusters, you can not apply these and retail them as Russian lashes.
Russian lashes would require advance training to ensure you do not damage your clients lashes. A certificate that is accredited would be needed.

Thanks for your advice hun, I’m not ready to move on to russians yet but I just wanted to know if I was allowed to add a few Premade Fans to the outer corners for a specific client as this is what she wants, I’ve never been asked by anyone before so didn’t know if I was allowed to (on a classic certificate)

You can advertise pre made fans as express Russian but not Russian volume. They are not clusters, clusters are far heavier than pre made fans

As for needing another course it’s best to get in touch with your insurance provider and ask them

That's exactly what I was confused about so the premade fan lashes are not Russian lashes and wont give the same look?

That's exactly what I was confused about so the premade fan lashes are not Russian lashes and wont give the same look?

Premade fans are so expensive compared to when you fan them manually. Retention is not as good either as most of them are already pre glued so you have to apply even more glue on top of that. I think you can always tell whether it's Russian volume or pre made fans x

Thanks for your reply xx

It can very much depend on the premade fans you are using. As with everything there is very poor quality and also some very good quality ones. Either way you would still need to be qualified in the application of these to be covered by your insurance and also in order to know how to apply etc. If applied correctly and using high quality fans it can be a good treatment to offer and retention should be the same as true volume. The premade fans are quicker to apply but they are more expensive so you have to weigh up what works best for your business and what your clients prefer. Sometimes the shorter treatment time can help clients who are busy or who cant lay down for prolonged periods of time.

Honestly yes you do, you might think you can be self taught but it’s so much harder than it looks, also you will need the certificate for insurance.

Latest posts

Back