Do I need additional qualifications to offer gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade_anastasia

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently training in gel overlay and plan to use Akzentz Options, but have also seen their other ranges for creating sculpted extensions. However, I would also like to offer the option of tip extensions with gel overlay, but wondered if I need a separate qualification for this or if my gel nail one is sufficient.

The world of nails is all a bit new to me as I've only done spray tanning up until now, so sorry if it's a bit of a naïve question!

Thanks!

Yes you will need another qualification, extensions are completely different to overlays - structure, apex, shaping, etc.

Yes you will need another qualification, extensions are completely different to overlays - structure, apex, shaping, etc.

Thank you! Will I need a qualification for sculpting extensions from the gel, or just if I decide to introduce tips?

Thank you! Will I need a qualification for sculpting extensions from the gel, or just if I decide to introduce tips?

Debatable - I believe that sculpting and tips are the same theory just different methods of doing the same thing. Some people have said their insurance want a seperate qualification. You'll need to check with your insurance company for their requirements.

I would ask Hazel or your Educator. I would have thought when using Akzentz hard gels, overlays and extensions are included in the course.

I use Akzéntz Akzéntz Luxio Gel polish but if I wanted to use the hard gel, I'd have to do the course and would assume it covers overlays and extensions.

Karen Newman is doing a FB live tonight at 8pm. Maybe you could tune in and ask the question.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back