Do i need an NVQ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandie

Reaction score
Just a quick question if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it ... !

I am a nail technician trained with creative 5 years ago in tenerife doing L&p, Brisa and spa manicure (i now live in the uk).

I haven't done any salon based work for about 18 months now (I took the time out to have a baby) but am looking to going back to doing nails again...

Do i need to have an nvq in nails now in order to work as a nail technician?? I am also aware that the CND foundation course has changed since i did it 5 years ago - does this affect me too?

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Amanda
You don't need to have an NVQ if you are Creative trained,
the training that you have taken will have been to a higher standard than the NVQ is,
if you want to be 100% sure and maybe even take a skill builders course with Creative to really get back into the swing of things and up to date with all the latest to do with Creative, give them a call on Monday hun,
head office (UK) 0845 210 6060
hth :hug:

well the NVQ is a qualification, so you would have already of HAD to train before you are assessed.. whilst i agree the creative training can be of a very high standard, Nvq can be gained from a variety of institutions including work based learning.. Dont dismiss it til youve done it.. the NVQ3 is extremely detailed-didnt do me any harm.. :lol:

You don't need an NVQ to work as a nail technician (to answer your original question). You can work as long as you have trained with any company that is recognised by insurers, this of course is most important - to be insured before working on members of public, am sure you know that bit already anyway!!

Good luck with your new start up! It's like riding a bike!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back