Do I need base coat before applying gel polish on acrylics and fibreglass etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelvickyplum

Reaction score
Quick one i saw a thread on fb about using gel polish over a system and someone advised that there is no need for the base coat and to go straight on with the colour and cure?

Is this right? I have been using base coat but was just wondering if i can do it this way??

Thanks xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dnt use base coat when applying on acrylics. I rough file (no buffing smooth) and apply my colour coats then top coat and ive never had a problem HTH xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

As long as you haven't finished your enhancements to a smooth finish then there is no need for a base coat.

Ahhh i see i always buff them smooth to make sure now lumps and bumps im a bit of a perfectionist so im probably best to ise base coat arent i.

Thanks you very much xxx

You can still file them smooth to elimate any bumps and ensure the shape is correct but not to a high shine. With acrylic I tend to finish with a white block prior to applying colour.

I only go to the white block stage i dont tend to buff them with my buffer i alwayd use a uv top coat.

So if i only go to the white block can i still apply it without the base coat?? Can i do the same with fiberglass?

Xxx

Absolutely :) you shouldn't have any problem in that case.

Fabulous!!! Thanks soo much xxx

Latest posts

Back