Do I need my own roadie? Mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm slowly expanding my mobile part time business as and when I can afford new training and just wondered as I'm just about to add spray tanning to my list of treatments, how you all manage to cart your equipment with you? I have one lady who every fortnight gets her shellac redone, but intermittently she also gets her brows and lashes tinted and her brows waxed. She is also desperate to be one of my 'models' when I finish the tanning training. So that means I will need to carry:
Shellac + all prep and tools + lamp
Tinting equipment
Wax Pot and accessories
Couch
and now on top of that all the tanning equipment!
Phew!!
Think I might need to buy a horse and cart at this rate! does anyone use any special carry cases or storage units etc to make this any easier? Help please before my back breaks lol!:eek:

Roo beauty. There's a thread on here in the nail section.

You wouldn't be tanning and waxing at the same time.

You shouldn't be tinting at the same time as tanning either (although I know there are a few geeks who do).

You wouldn't be tanning and waxing at the same time.

You shouldn't be tinting at the same time as tanning either (although I know there are a few geeks who do).
At the risk of sounding like a complete muppet (I do that regularly lol!) the lady says that she usually just gets half body tan (just her legs)? I haven't done my training yet so don't even know if this is right enough but if it is I would still be able to tint and wax her eyebrows on the same visit? xx

Roo beauty. There's a thread on here in the nail section.
Hi! What is Roo Beauty? I've done a search but I'm not finding anything with that name? Not really sure what I'm looking for though! xx

At the risk of sounding like a complete muppet (I do that regularly lol!) the lady says that she usually just gets half body tan (just her legs)? I haven't done my training yet so don't even know if this is right enough but if it is I would still be able to tint and wax her eyebrows on the same visit? xx
Well yes you could tint and wax her eyebrows if she is only having her legs tanned.

I've only ever had 1 person book 1 appointment for anything other than a full body tan.

Roo thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/166342-mobile-really-need-some-decent-storage-ideas.html

Last edited:
Well yes you could tint and wax her eyebrows if she is only having her legs tanned.

I've only ever had 1 person book 1 appointment for anything other than a full body tan.

Roo thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/166342-mobile-really-need-some-decent-storage-ideas.html
Thanks Baggybear. Looks great, think that's just what I'm needing! The lady I was talking about is a red head and says she looks ridiculous with a tan on her face so only ever does her legs?! Nowt as queer as folk I guess! Thanks again xx

She wouldn't look ridiculous with the correct percent on her face - she would need a low percent but with the correct solution in the right pecent it would look natural.

I have an astra so not a huge car, in the boot i have my couch and my spray tan tent and massive bag with tanning equipment in (it came as part of my kit from sienna x has wheels on one end) I put my wax pot on the floor in the passenger footwell and then everything else on the back seat, i have my shellac in one box, mani/pedi box, facial box, tinting box, waxing box and then a big bag for towels and bits that don't fit ie minx lamp.
hth x

I have a couple of clients who I see together - one has shellac manicure and a brow wax, and the other has shellac manicure and spray tan.

Firstly, I don't take a couch, you can do brow waxing on a chair.
I have my shellac kit in one big plastic box and a smaller plastic cake box (used for transporting cakes-perfect for my colours to fit in along with my nail art bits!), my wax pot and associated paraphernalia are in another plastic box which I also tuck my tanning solution in if I need a selection, then it's just my tent in its bag and my tanning machine - I tuck my tanning disposables and towels in my tent bag.

I get the lot into the house in 2 trips, and some times I take my own table too, one more trip.

It is a pain, but it's unavoidable when you do this job on a mobile basis!!

The easiest way to do mobile is have a separate bag /box for each treatment.
You cant go adding bits of treatments to other boxes as this will only confuse you and cause you to forget things later on.
Unfortunately when mobile, if a client wants a lot of treatments then you will have to carry a lot of equipment into their homes.
Think of the profit-as it's worth it.
x

Totally agree, each treatment needs it's own bag/box so you can grab it and know nothing is missing.

When you get busy and go from 1 client to the next client you can't be wasting time checking that you have put things from 1 box/bag back into another box/bag as you will end up forgetting things.

I have a bag or box for each treatment I do, this does mean I've had to buy more things, for example I need to know that my waxing kit has a tweezers in it, my Minx/wraps kit also needs a tweezers, as does my tinting kit. So I have bought 3 tweezers - ok so tweezers are not too expensive but I wouldn't look professional turning up without them because I'd left them in another kit would I.

I also invested in 2 of everything I need for nail prep as I want a prep kit in my Minx/wraps kit and I need one in my gel kit too.

Latest posts

Back