Do I need qualifications to do these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

Well in that case then my insurance company were willing to insure me for all those things without any qualifications. They told me that all apart from manicure there are no formal qualifications in any of the things I would like to do.

I see you're now saying you have done the training in manis, hand treatments and lash tinting so that wouldn't be an issue as you're already qualified in this. You didn't mention that originally and then went on to say your insurers said you could do the treatments you listed when you said you were only qualified in theatrical and media make up,basic hairdressing and wig making. This was quite confusing as I don't know of any insurance companies that would insure anyone without the relevant certificates and qualifications. But now I see:green:

With the tooth gems,I don't personally do them myself but my worry would be if a contra action should arise, ie damage to a tooth, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on should a legal dispute arise.

Same as hand treatments,how would one define hand treatments? Paraffin wax, warm oil etc are hand treatments and my insurance company wouldn't insure me for anything without the relevant qualifications/ certificates. But maybe there are some that do.

As others have said, get it all in black and white because the last thing you want is a law suit slapped on you without the backup needed,ie insurance.

Latest posts

Back