Do I need to do NVQ 3 Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellini

Reaction score
Hey All

I'm really interested in progressing with nails after many long years with beauty. I've done NVQ in gel nails but now really unsure if college is the best route again. I'm 30 with a 9 month old so don't fancy another year...I just want to get and do.

I don't want to do private courses as I do want my qualification to be recognised but can't find other routes. I'm interested in l&p, silk, fibreglass, air brush etc.

Any pointers?

Hey, Have you checked your local college for an evening class. I'm doing one just now and it covers gel acrylic fibreglass & silk. It's one evening a week and runs for 15 weeks.

Yeah I have and unfortunately for me there are only 2 colleges in my area that do nail enhancements. Out of those, one did part time gels and that's what I was enrolled on. I would've thought it would be mega popular but not so.

Oh thats a shame. Not sure what else to suggest i'm just starting out myself. Hope you find something suitable.

Could you not do an nvq part time rather than full time, i know it's still a year but then you have more time or look at recognized course ie nsi, cnd I don't know how popular silk and Fiberglass are, so you might want to look in to them before commiting x

Latest posts

Back