Do I need to pre pig?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxleahxx

Reaction score
Hi guys.

So I have a client in on Wednesday and she has foil highlights with bleach and is very blonde almost white

She has a one inch re growth of natural hair which is a level 5

She wants to go dark all over to about a level 5 with some blonde/caramel pieces in.

I haven't took someone this dark from this light for a while. Do I need to pre pig? I was thinking of using the colour touch plus range as I remember by boss saying you don't need to pre pig with these? Is that correct? If not what should I pre pig with?

I will attach pics of her hair now and what she wants.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 96
Any ideas peeps :confused:

Not familiar with colour touch plus but I imagine they are similar to the goldwell colorance cover plus range. I would still pre pig as if you go in first with the colour, it may be a bit patchy and colour may not grab as well as the hair will be v.porous.
I use different ways for pre pig depending on what end result I am going for e.g a colour mousse , semi etc. looking at your pics, I had a similar one recently and did a semi 7.4, rinsed, dried then went over with chosen colour from the cover plus range (Demi) but she wanted all over without the caramel pieces.

Not familiar with colour touch plus but I imagine they are similar to the goldwell colorance cover plus range. I would still pre pig as if you go in first with the colour, it may be a bit patchy and colour may not grab as well as the hair will be v.porous.
I use different ways for pre pig depending on what end result I am going for e.g a colour mousse , semi etc. looking at your pics, I had a similar one recently and did a semi 7.4, rinsed, dried then went over with chosen colour from the cover plus range (Demi) but she wanted all over without the caramel pieces.

Great. Thanks so much for writing back. So my plan is to pre pig with colour touch fresh which is a semi 7/43 then go over with a chocolate brown And do some foils with a very low peroxide and then rinse and emulsify the base colours threw the foils for a few mins. How do you think this sounds??

I wouldn't use ct plus for this. Try this insteas.

Attachments

• 1445898518313.jpg
    1445898518313.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 119
Great. Thanks so much for writing back. So my plan is to pre pig with colour touch fresh which is a semi 7/43 then go over with a chocolate brown And do some foils with a very low peroxide and then rinse and emulsify the base colours threw the foils for a few mins. How do you think this sounds??
Sounds fine, I think whatever pre pig method you go for will be better than not doing it at all and make your final colour more durable. Good luck!

Tsparker78 I don't suppose you have a chart like that for Loreal and Goldwell as well?

Ok brill. So is filling like pre pigging? :) If so, should I be washing the hair and applying 7/7 (is this still 1:1.2 and with 1.9%) then washing of and applying 5/0 over the top?

Yes, filling and pregigmenting are the same concept.

Color touch is mixed 1:2. Use 1.9 %. And, yes, that's the procedure.

Ok great. I'm looking forward to doing it but also nervous.

Why? It's super straight forward.

What's your dream- your link won't load for me and I really want to see what it contains lol did it work for anyone else?

It worked for me.
It's a pdf so it's probably downloaded on your device somewhere.

:eek: Won't let me upload the pics

I don't no just get nervous. anyway I did it and here's the pics. Let me know what you think :p

Ohh. Dang. I love pics. Probably just need to resize!

Hmmm how do I resize?

I'm not sure. Depends on the device.

Latest posts

Back