Do I need to strip this to achieve this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraa1981

Reaction score
Do i need to strip the red out completly in her hair to achieve this pink colour? This client really loves bright colours.

I was thinking of lifting the red a little and put a pink on top. Question is Will it work well enough like this ?????? Or dies it need to be blonde??

Attachments

• 20170326_080219.jpg
    20170326_080219.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 20170326_075900.jpg
    20170326_075900.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 84
Her hair is red, copper AND black WTF!
You have a lot of work to do there.
In the desired picture There is black on her roots and purple pink on the ends you will not get the back section light enough to go bright pink cause it's black!
The black will probably need a 30 vol but it will only come up red/orange and probably patchy if she did it herself, When it comes to black hair and the client wants to be lighter I ask MYSELF how many times did she pull it down to the ends - black on black on black!
It's a no go for me!
The red and copper will be bright but you will be putting black on them?

Agreed totally I love these challenges but also understand why many colourists avoid them!

The colour on The ends is white blonde so you will need to tell her that a this picture is not achievable with her current colour or she will have to compromise and go a a darker cerise pink./purple .....However even then you will not get the vibrancy in this picture you will get similar to this ( I lifted this to a yellow)

Attachments

• 1490482001416.jpg
    1490482001416.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 72
Yes lol what the f. I will NOT be touching the black. No way could that be changed to the pink in the picture. A lot of work and time and then more time down the track WITH no hair left. What I am talking about is the red part of her hair

Agreed totally I love these challenges but also understand why many colourists avoid them!

The colour on The ends is white blonde so you will need to tell her that a this picture is not achievable with her current colour or she will have to compromise and go a a darker cerise pink./purple .....However even then you will not get the vibrancy in this picture you will get similar to this ( I lifted this to a yellow)
thats a great result. Very nice work

You could do some strand tests with bleach and then pink to show her the options. To be really vibrant you need to apply the pink on at least a base 8 preferably, 9.

The other benefit of doing a strand test is that you can see and feel any damage to the hair and if you have a client with unrealistic expectations, this is a great way to convince them not to wreck their entire head of hair.

As @AshLovesTanning says, you need to be wary if she's been home colouring (and bleaching) and taking the colour through each time. The hair is likely to be quite porous and if she uses heavy silicone based products, this can disguise the damage to a large extent whereby clients are convinced that their hair is still healthy and strong (indestructible).

Yes lol what the f. I will NOT be touching the black. No way could that be changed to the pink in the picture. A lot of work and time and then more time down the track WITH no hair left. What I am talking about is the red part of her hair

I think it's a no go. When I did a course a few years back for colour the teacher did a strand test on a girl with black hair and the strand was patchy and red in places not evenly lifting right through!

Save ur time and money and do something worthwhile!

Black should only be lightened gradually I tell all clients approx 3 appointments & olaplex!

I think it's a no go. When I did a course a few years back for colour the teacher did a strand test on a girl with black hair and the strand was patchy and red in places not evenly lifting right through!

Save ur time and money and do something worthwhile!
ewwww was that with bleach or a colour reducer

Bleach with 20vol! I was surprised it even lifted considering she had long black, black hair down to her bum and she had been dying it black for years pulling it through every time! she even told us she pulled it through. Crazy.

If her hair does not lift enough on her red copper. What colour tones is it likely to be? I thought pink but it isnt really red??

It looks really red copper in the pic.
It would look ratchet black and pink.
I think the copper red could lift ok but you have to do a strand test

Ratchet! Love that word!

Latest posts

Back