Do I Really Need to Spend £170 on Pink GHD's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyseeker

Reaction score
My 13 year old wants Pink GHD's for christmas, the ones in the fancy box with the disk, case and two hair-clips.

They seem very expensive to me - are they worth the money. I have seen the gold 2007 set which has a case, purse, mirror and mini-products for about £135 and this seems far better value.

Is there a difference in quality or is it just because they are pink.

Thanks. Trish :hug:

i have had a look on ebay (yes i know ebay !!) and the pink ghd are up to £133 already....so i bet they will sell for £175 or more....amazon have sold out of pink and glod but they said the pink and gold are the same....just different colours ....on the ghd site the pink are sold out although they were £135 so you could e-mail them asking when they have more ! but here is the link as i think you will have to start getting them soon as you wont be able to buy them before xmas....people have gone MAD on the pink ones hun....hth xxx
http://ghd-uk.co.uk/irons.php

I don't know if they're different or not - but £170 for ghds, OMG!!!!! I paid £95 for mine 2 years ago (boring black ones, lol) and had a job explaining that to my hubby!

Thanks guys. I think that you can still get boring black for about £90 and I would have just gone for those, but its pink she wants. I just dont think that they are value for money. The gold set (black ghd but gold accessories) looks like good value as you are getting more for your money.

Thanks I looked on e-bay and someone is selling them for the buy it now price including postage for £135 which is a good price, but still you are not getting as much for your money. I mean appart from the fact they are pink, do they do anything else, like tidy her room for her or pick up her dirty washing!!!

Trish :hug:

Thanks guys. I think that you can still get boring black for about £90 and I would have just gone for those, but its pink she wants. I just dont think that they are value for money. The gold set (black ghd but gold accessories) looks like good value as you are getting more for your money.

Thanks I looked on e-bay and someone is selling them for the buy it now price including postage for £135 which is a good price, but still you are not getting as much for your money. I mean appart from the fact they are pink, do they do anything else, like tidy her room for her or pick up her dirty washing!!!

what about if they straightned your daughters hair ....while she is in the land of nod ....then your daughter would not be late for school!!!! lmao!!!

i would definately buy the pink ones if they would tidy up my room etc...:lol:
but seriously theres is no difference in them apart from the colour.one of my clients has the pink ones and when she stayed at her friends out she used her black ones and she said that the black ones where better.i cant comment on the pink as i only have the black ones which i can tell you they are fab and i wouldnt be without them they are worth there money but i personally wouldnt pay all that extra money just for a different colour. i cant imagine my mum ever buying me something of that price when i was 13yrs old so i hope your daughter realises how lucky she is.good luck and hths

Hi,is there different sizes etc as they all look the same to me wots this MK 4? thanks

I know, its A LOT OF MONEY.

I think I will go for the gold set with the plain black ones as it does seem to be better value.

Oh she knows how lucky she is all right. It was either GHD's or a new keyboard (she is quite musical) as her old one was second hand and is quite a few years old now. It was her choice, her birthday is in April so I think it will be keyboard then.

She does not get a huge amount of pocket money (not compared to her friends as she is always telling us) and has to work for it anyway (which according to her her friends dont), and she does not get stuff bought for her every five mins as some kids do just coz they want it (we all know some of those kids), so I dont begrudge buying her something special at christmas or her birthday.

I think the pink ones only come in the middle size.

what about if they straightned your daughters hair ....while she is in the land of nod ....then your daughter would not be late for school!!!! lmao!!!

sj1973 oh how I wish ..............

the mk4 is the same size as the original ghds it just has rounder edges to it which make it easier to curl your hair with.it also creates abetter curl.they also switch themselves off after 30mins of not being used,they bleep aswell as flash to let you know when there ready to be used and they have a biult in temperature control so that when it gets to cold they dont break when there not being used.
the original ghds do come in 3 different sizes small.the original size and wide plates.hths

I know, its A LOT OF MONEY.

I think I will go for the gold set with the plain black ones as it does seem to be better value.

Oh she knows how lucky she is all right. It was either GHD's or a new keyboard (she is quite musical) as her old one was second hand and is quite a few years old now. It was her choice, her birthday is in April so I think it will be keyboard then.

She does not get a huge amount of pocket money (not compared to her friends as she is always telling us) and has to work for it anyway (which according to her her friends dont), and she does not get stuff bought for her every five mins as some kids do just coz they want it (we all know some of those kids), so I dont begrudge buying her something special at christmas or her birthday.

I think the pink ones only come in the middle size.
im sure the look on her face xmas day will be worth every penny.,as she'll be over the moon with them.:)

im sure the look on her face xmas day will be worth every penny.,as she'll be over the moon with them.:)

OMG yes I know she will be very happy with whatever she gets.

I actually stock GHDs in my salon and the pink ones were only released at the begining of october and were £135, £10 of which goes to cancer awareness. can't get anymore until next year.

What is so special about GHD's? Are they really worth such a high price?

What is so special about GHD's? Are they really worth such a high price?

In my opinion, no they are not worth the money.

I've owned two pairs of GHD's:confused:. Since working in the salon, I've used their straighteners and I've found them better. :cool: I don't like the fact that you can't control the temperature on GHD's...and I think you are only paying for the name ( and they've been on watchdog to:lol:)

I have bought the pink GHDs for my daughters birthday on the 12th of dec they cost £135 and I am so please with them I have no regrets about spending that amount as the are of high quality.
The pink ones were taken out for cancer research and a % of what you pay goes to them well worth it in my opinion:hug:

Yes the ones from shear beauty will donate £10 for every pink one sold,i think ill get them for my daughter instead of the black ones xx

i have the pink ghd's and love them, they were a gift to myself when i felt realy low but in reality they are no better that the black ones i already have, so now i have 2 sets of ghd's and a big dent in the bank:irked:

i have the pink ghd's and love them, they were a gift to myself when i felt realy low but in reality they are no better that the black ones i already have, so now i have 2 sets of ghd's and a big dent in the bank:irked:
you should sell your black ghds on ebay,i did and i got £70 for mine.i'd had them 3yrs ad they were in perfect condition with no marks at all,although i did not have a box for them.well worth it in my opinion:)