Do many of you get clients asking for coloured acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks,

I have been thinking of getting the CND bolds collection (dont know where they are gonna go in my box, but thats a different thread)

Thing is, i never get anyone asking for colours, but i dont know if thats because i dont have them to offer iykwim!!

So... do you get clients asking for coloured acrylic? If so, how many??

Thanks x

My clients never ask for anything until they see it on me, and then it's a must have! Just bought the Entity glitter pink & lavender yesterday and cannot wait to put it on someone.

hmmm... coloured acrylic just isn't me!!! So i wouldn't haven them on myself to advertise really!!

I could always just mention them to my clients, see what they think.

Thanks x

You could put your creations onto tips and display them that way. I am a guy so this is how i show my clients all the different designs i offer

i have a handful of clients that have got more adventurous and this is is the twist on french they tend to go for more so than glitter tips at the moment - rainbow nails are also quite cool like the ones talented tallons did in the gallery a little while ago

definitely people are braver and fancy trying something different if they can see you wearing them - if you do try them first on someone take a picture so others can see them ones if you dont wear them - also look out for pictures of start such as jordan / katie price - anything funky nail wise thats in magazines - i put these pictures up too ... it all about seeing them in real life i think alot of people shy away from them or dont have vision (like me !) to see what they will look like - i charge £5 for different "ends / french"

i dont, thankfully, get alot of call for nail art but these or anything different on the ends a few of my clients love

kx

I am known as a nail art artist so ppl basically only call for very long sculpted stilettos with nail art.

but I wear some so that's how everything started. but my case is a bit special...

I would, if I were you, force myself to wear a coloured french for once. typically if you just use a shimmer in your white, you'll see that a lot of clients will ask for it, classy and really easy for you. then according to the season, just change... I change my nail art every week or every 2 weeks, no client sees me with the same nails, it also inspires them when they don't really know what they want.

Most of my clients get colored and glitter tips instead of a regular French. No one ever wants any designs though. =/

What type of clientele do you have? Professional women, career moms, young adults or people who like to party, students, teenagers? In the area I live, christenings and weddings and communions and etc. are a weekly occurrence, and everyone gets dressed up for them, no matter what age they are, so they LOVE any way to make them stand out. However, where I USED to live, I can only think of one girl who'd enjoy the selection.

If your clientele is more conservative, maybe you could just start investing/wearing Twilight or City of Angels (or Peace?) to introduce them to the idea. I do agree that wearing them is going to be the best way to advertise. Good luck! =) It's a great way to spice things up and really challenges me personally to apply the product perfectly.

Gemma do you use colour gels at all ? i use these also on the ends of enhanced nails for a french twist if they want to try coloured tips - really fine to buff off if they wanted to go back to natural enhancements !

kx

Nearly all of my clients wear coloured/glitter tips with only 10 per cent wearing P & W (these are mainly the older ladies) I also have lots of young ones wanting acrylic designs and nail art. If they see a pattern or design they will bring it with them and I match it as best I can. Seems to be an up coming trend.

Latest posts

Back