Do many of you use normal nail polish over acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Shellac so that the client is dry & ready to go straight away,no smudging!!I used normal nail polish for years & yes it does last pretty much perfect,not as shiny as shellac,but I can't stand when they hang around for ages or smudge it when you've started your next client!
I'd rather just say these are the colours,I have heaps & it's included in the price,you'll have totally dry nails to go!Nobody has ever said no I want nail polish.

You can use polish over enhancements, you dont need to use base coat. Some UV top coats will crack it, some wont. Some Techs are happy to continue with polish and thats fine, if they are happy using it. Personally I feel polish has had its day, why would you use polish when you can use Shellac? To me it seems like going backwards. I know when my polishes run out I wont be repeating the order as I want to offer a better service to my clients. Also I feel Shellac is a much more professional product, clients can easily apply polish themselves, but they have to have a professional to apply their Shellac. Now I understand that adding extra to the price for Shellac maybe holding people back, But on the other hand Shellac is from CND and hence a premium product. Work out your product costing. Your be surprised and know exactly how much extra will cover your products. :)

I,too, thought uv top coats over polish made the polish crack? Could you list the ones that are ok to use please peeps?
The Uv top coats that i currently have are: NSI Glaze n Go, CND Brisa top gloss, Gelish top coat, IBD uv Top coat....would any of these work???
cheers xx

You need to make sure the polish is bone dry before u apply uv top coat , I too use nsi glaze n go x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I use a normal polish over acrylics. I don't use a base coat, just two coats of polish , then a top coat. I advise them to re-apply a top coat after about a week to keep them nice and shiny. Polish lasts as you dont have the natural nail oils affecting it, thus making it last. I only ever use a gel top coat, I use glaze and go if they are just having a natural finish.

I use "normal" polish over acrylics everyday ....
as far as topcoats go, most work just fine, but some ultra fast drying or UV topcoats may make the polish underneath go a bit odd, as the topcoat dries faster than the polish underneath ...., I just use "normal" topcoat over "normal" polish, if in doubt use a topcoat the same brand as the polish

You can use any Normal polish over acrylics, the polish will last until the next app. I do it on a lot of my clients and use a uv top coat on top.

I would.ike to try this. When applying UV top coat you don't need to buff, but if your applying nail varnish then UV top coat, should I buff or not?xx

Latest posts

Back