Do men ever grow up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
ha ha, I know, it's another "man bashing" thread, and I just want to state two things before I get to the point. 1) I'm not accusing all men of being childish, I realise there are some mature well balanced men out there (or so I've heard!!) and 2) this is meant to be a light hearted thread for anyone who can empathise with me so if you're lucky enough to have one of these mythical mature well balanced men please dont take offence and post accordingly.

Righty ho then. My husband is a typical man in a lot of respects. He enjoys puerile humour, goes out with the lads, hobbies and interests include football, beer and curry, couldnt work the washing machine without setting the house on fire or something, ok that last one's a slight exaggeration but you get the picture.

This evening I was making tea and he came in to ask what we were having, and I informed him it's coq au vin. I counted the seconds it took him to laugh because I'd said "cock" and he didnt let me down. It got me to wondering. He's 42 this year and he's still laughing at the word cock like a 12 year old schoolboy. In some ways he's very mature and responsible, but in others he's still this 12 year old schoolboy.

So, does it get any better? Eventually? Or have I signed up for this for life? :biggrin:

No I don't think it does get any better I think they are always childish at heart. My OH is 40 in a few weeks and I swear he's more of a kid than our 3 year old son.

My dad and stepdad will both be 60 next year and they both still laugh at silly little things that you'd expect a kid to laugh at. I just take it in my stride and usually end up laughing too. Not because what's been said is funny, im laughing at them for laughing. I dont think I'd want them to change either, life would be boring without men's childish giggles.

I agree they don't ever grow out of it, my hubby is 32 and laughs his tits off a the stupidest of things, then I look at his dad who's 55 and he is even worse!!! Together they are a nightmare lol I sometimes I think it's just me that's too serious??? Men eh :D xx

My OH spent Friday night playing with lego and laughing at his farts. He's 39.

Nope they don't grow up, my DF is 34 in a couple of weeks and still laughs when someone says the word boobies. He also thinks its hilarious to tie a cat biscuit on the end of a piece of string and lay under the table waiting for our cat to walk by, think mmm biscuit then pulls it as fast as he can so the cat runs after it and bumps her head on the table! Poor cat 😞

I know how you feel. I believe I have a good sense of humour, but I dislike toilet humour it's disgusting!!

Nope they don't grow up, my DF is 34 in a couple of weeks and still laughs when someone says the word boobies. He also thinks its hilarious to tie a cat biscuit on the end of a piece of string and lay under the table waiting for our cat to walk by, think mmm biscuit then pulls it as fast as he can so the cat runs after it and bumps her head on the table! Poor cat 😞

Lmao! That IS funny! You should YouTube it so we can all have a laugh! :)

My OH spent Friday night playing with lego and laughing at his farts. He's 39.

Oi leave lego alone! :)
Saying that I'm always quite gelous when I see lego that is not "appropriate" for me to play with it no more. I have a sensible head, but when it comes to good company and relaxing with friends where you know its safe, if that is the word I'm looking for, I do let my hair down and all of us are quite childish, women included.
My oh and his family are very sensible, where as mine are a little more party orientated, their idea of a good night is a meal out and back home for a game of cherades, my family's idea is a night at a pub, staying until closing, drinking way too much, throwing up and getting back on it (my own mother taught me to throw up and carry on). Many think 60 is too old for nights out to anywhere other than bingo, but my family are constantly out to party's or the pub, in comparison my family has had longer life's than my oh's family.

A nice saying I have is "a laugh a day keeps the doctor away"
I doubt I will ever grow up, and I don't want to :) xoxo

To be fair, my response to coq au vin would probably have been 'hehe cock'.

I am not a grown up 33 year old though.

My OH snapped one of the slats on our bed after trying to perform an overhead kick to a pair of socks! He's 26! Just one of the many childish thigs he still gets up to.
Xx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back