Do nail techs hate doing pedicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people hate feet thus not like to touch feet including otgher peoples, me ont he other had love my feet being touched, and tiggled and I juite enjoy doing pedicures

I agree with you Dawn I love doing Pedi's gives mw a wow factor when you can transform peeps feet so that they are proud to show them off...............I was fed up with trying to do my own though got in all sorts of positions lol..................so now I showd my daughter Gemma how to use Spa Manicure and she don't get hers done untill she has done mine lol oh what bliss :)

Take care Dawnie xxx

hahaha i like crusty feet but even i would pass on those plates of meat thanks, needs the help of a chiropodist that one lol

"oh it just happens that i have a card for an excellent chiropodist madam" then SHOW EM THE DOOR !

i taught my hubby to do my feet, i could`nt get in all those positions anymore, bad back and my smiley belly gets in the way lol

I have to say i'm not a feet lover at all. What doesn't help is i know that when you do your pedi training you do it on each others feet. Problem with that is, i had a motorbike accident last year where my big toe of my right foot ended up laying underneath the other four. When i saw it i thought my toe had gone!!!

Needless to say through this amount of trauma my big toe is now ridged and a weird shape, and where i ripped some tendons in the other toes ,(although they are okay now) two of my little toes are almost ski jump where the other two are relatively normal, so it just looks plain strange.

I would love to have a pedicure and bet there are loads of people out there who have worse feet than me, but its a confidence thing i guess. Plus i hate it when you see these people who have inch thick hard skin around the heels of their feet and sides of their big toes.......yuk!!:eek:

I also love doing pedicures
I love to see the finished result, clean soft polished tootsies!
Not so sure about the feet Lesley produced above though.
Talented Talons maybe one of us geeks could give you a lovely pedicure!!!!

hi my sister was a bit like that she had all her toes broke and reset to try straighten em but they are still wonky now, and she wont let people see her feet , she only let me do a pedicure on her coz i begged , mishaped toes are ok they dont freak me out, so why not go have one ,

I don't love feet too much, but I do love the effect of a pedicure. As previously said, because feet are so often neglected, you get more of a wow factor because there is a bigger transformation. Thankfully I have never had a really manky set in front of me! :rolleyes:

However, I have just done my first Creative Spa pedicure (thought the products simply fabulous.......) but it took me TWO hours. HELP! What can I do to speed up and does everybody doing Creative pedis do all the steps as per the video?

Do-it-all Deb said:
I don't love feet too much, but I do love the effect of a pedicure. As previously said, because feet are so often neglected, you get more of a wow factor because there is a bigger transformation. Thankfully I have never had a really manky set in front of me! :rolleyes:

However, I have just done my first Creative Spa pedicure (thought the products simply fabulous.......) but it took me TWO hours. HELP! What can I do to speed up and does everybody doing Creative pedis do all the steps as per the video?
Hi DIAD!! I first took ages with my first SpaPedi - I just learnt to take less time with certain steps and maximise others - eg - whilst Sea Serum was on the left foot wrapped in a towel working its magic, I would be pedicuring the right foot; when I was finished, I would apply Sea Serum to the right foot, wrap it and deal with the left (which was by that time ready to be de-Sea Serumed) etc etct!!! Once you have done a few you will get the hang - btw - you don't have to include EVERY product - add and subtract and make your own exciting service Spa menus!! Oh yeh - keep smiling too :biggrin:

I like do Pedis because:

I LOVE having my own feet massaged/tickled (oooh Heaven!!)/scrubbed - whatever. I know how much I enjoy having a pedicure and know my client will feel the same afterwards.
I did a pedicure for a friend about 2 weeks ago as part of my Manicure/Pedicure course case study. She said afterwards she had had 'Professional' pedicures before and had always been disappointed afterwards and never went back to the same salon for another one. After I did her pedicure she kept sayign how fab her feet felt, hoe soft and pampered etc. etc. etc. She even mentioned it again when I saw her this week.
Another case study client said the same after her pedicure - "absolute heaven, loved it".

They haven't been that enthuiastic after their manicures so either my Pedicures really are fantastic or my manicures are crap! Ha ha

Beacuse a lot of people don't pay as much attention to their feet as their hands I think a pedicure has a bigger impact and it's always great to make someone feel good.

B

Lorraine1964 said:
I also love doing pedicures
I love to see the finished result, clean soft polished tootsies!
Not so sure about the feet Lesley produced above though.
Talented Talons maybe one of us geeks could give you a lovely pedicure!!!!
Hey Wendy, talk nicely to me and i'll think about it!!

Always thought I would HATE doing pedicures until I actually got into it. Just love the CreativeSpa range and so do the clients. My hubby cant get over that I actually LIKE doing feet (specially seeing as I HATE my own being touched LOL) but as I pointed out to him if I can wax off body hair without a second thought then why not treat feet.

Shaza :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back