Do non bio sculpture products really make the gel lift.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi to you bio sculpture pros out there,can you put my mind at rest ,i am starting mobile in September and im a bit unsure as to wether non bio sculpture products really do make the gel lift ? Are they just saying this so we only buy bio products ,surely there must be an exception at some point where bio have to stop ,i mean ,they dont do bio shower gel,face wash,shampoo,or am i being stupid,id love to hear from you all,ooh and can i use acetone as well instead of bio remover.XXXXX:rolleyes:

Hi there!

Like any other nail system, Biosculpture has to be correctly applied. The client in turn has to take care of his/her nails and dont use harsh products such as bleach etc when doing any cleaning without gloves!

There are a few products that make biosculpture go funny, the first is sun tan lotions which I think is the main one. Biosculpture has a list of products in the training book that is not compatible with the gel.

Other non acetone polish removers will cause lifting - also those fast drying top coats cause air bubbles (the ones with a strange smell).

Some alcohol based hair spray gels cause lifting too.

So no its not just a ploy to get you to retail to your clients - (although I thought this too in the early days).

When you get lifting (and you have done everything right in your application) you will find that is is something the client has used - even if if the lifting shows a few days after exposure to the culprit.

And yes, I have used other manufacturers prep products and lifting is far more profilic with those than with Bio own products. Its not everythinig, but for example...I love scrubfresh with all my other systems, but it just does not like Bio.

However, yes you can use acetone to remove it, but in all honesty the Bio remover does have nice conditioners in it and leaves the nail in a lovely condition

Hi there!

Like any other nail system, Biosculpture has to be correctly applied. The client in turn has to take care of his/her nails and dont use harsh products such as bleach etc when doing any cleaning without gloves!

There are a few products that make biosculpture go funny, the first is sun tan lotions which I think is the main one. Biosculpture has a list of products in the training book that is not compatible with the gel.
Which training books that please ,is it the Bio technicians manual,thanx.

However, yes you can use acetone to remove it, but in all honesty the Bio remover does have nice conditioners in it and leaves the nail in a lovely condition

I agree Zingara.... the Bio remover is so much gentler. And it smells SOOOOOO much better than acetone. I actually like the smell....

I actually like the smell....

Is that the smell....or that funny buzz feeling you get after smelling it:wink2: (Sorry, off topic:smack: but I couldn't resist.)

And I will only retail Bio products (ok, or Solar Oil) to Bio clients. I also wouldn't send clients away to buy Acetone (or sell it to them) but will retail the Bio client sized product remover or other retail products. (I know selling product remover to clients has always been a subject some agree on and some don't, and I always advocate returning for professional removal as best, but personally, I believe that as Bio provide a retail product for this and as long as the client has clear instructions....its a heck of a site better than them pulling overlays or enhancements off with their teeth!)

ok thanx guys i'll take your word for it ,thanx.I must admit i prefer the bio remover to the ace tone ,it doesnt seem to be as harsh to the nails.

Is that the smell....or that funny buzz feeling you get after smelling it:wink2: (Sorry, off topic:smack: but I couldn't resist.)

Oooh! So that's why I like it so much:lol:

Latest posts

Back