Do people really use a home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails Only

Reaction score
Hi,

I am qualified in Shellac/Gelish, however currently work in an office so don't have any clients.

I'm due to go on maternity leave in a couple of months so I'm hoping I'll be able to build some clients up so I can finally do something I love! I'm looking to do it from home, however there are so many salons around where I live, I don't know if people even use home salons?!

I'm hoping someone will be able to give me advice on starting out from home?

Thanks

Oh yes! Lots and lots of us are successfully running a home based salon.
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Some of the key attractions of a home based salon are:
- Highly individual treatments
- You really get to know your therapist
- free close parking
- quiet surroundings, no noisy hairdryers or loud radios
- flexible appointments (to a point)
- not intimidating

You'll be surprised how many clients prefer a quiet salon to a bustling high street salon! [emoji106][emoji3]

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

- free close parking
- not intimidating

You'll be surprised how many clients prefer a quiet salon to a bustling high street salon! [emoji106][emoji3]
I agree with all the above ...works for me [emoji4]

Ditto everything CFBS said! People seem to love it.

I've been working from home for years now. It's perfect for working around a growing family too, mine are late teens now but I didn't have to miss out on any of the nativities, sports days, assemblies etc because it's so easy just to block time out :)

Just make sure you're fully professional, ie toys put away, wear a tunic, towels & work area spotless, display your certificates, etc.

And of course when/if work dries up a bit, at least it's not costing you money.

And when you're not working, you can do whatever you like! I'm sure you know all this already lol I'm getting carried away!

Good luck. x

I started in April last year & only offer Gel Polish, Luxury Manicure & luxury Pedicure - from my lounge lol - although not Choc a bloc I'd say I'm working good Part time hours - which suits me fine x all my clients have been word of mouth - I've been really busy especially Christmas and haven't really stopped since x

My clients comment on how much they love the relaxed atmosphere of my home salon and how they look forward to their appointments

My clients seem to like it, they drive through my village past actual salons to come to my home salon which is in the middle of nowhere x

Great thanks for this - it's always hard to know when you're starting out! :) How do you guys get your clients?

Great thanks for this - it's always hard to know when you're starting out! :) How do you guys get your clients?

Word of mouth
Put leaflets through doors
Website
Facebook page
Boosting fb posts to find new clients
Post salon adverts to as many free local fb pages that will allow you!

I have a home salon too and my clients love it. I have a very relaxed working environment and clients love that they're not rushed in and rushed out. They get a relaxing environment, a hot drink and a one to one chat whilst knowing they've got a fully qualified nail tech and quality products.

I have plenty of parking at my house and a dedicated room so they don't get interrupted and I like to think it's every bit as professional as a salon. X

Sorry, I should have added that to get clients I started a Facebook page and then shared my work to various local facebook groups. Two years in, I still have my Facebook page but I don't advertise any more as my books are full x

all of mine with the exception of 1 have been through FB and personal recommendation (usually through FB)

I work from my spare room, with plenty of free parking outside.

Im not saying its for everyone but my clients love coming because of pretty much all the reasons listed above.

I can't agree more with blossom though; it may be your home, but it is also a business premises as long as you have clients in it so keep it 100% professional.

All my clients have been word of mouth x

All my clients have been word of mouth

Did any of you ladies find it effected your mortgage setting up from home? X

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

- free close parking
- not intimidating

Agree with this totally... it takes time to build up clientele. .... but so nice working at home ...

I totally agree .
1 month ago I decided to leave my job in a busy salon in the middle of town and set up on my own at home and I am not kidding you when I say it's the best thing I've ever done!! And all my clients say that they prefer the relaxed atmosphere rather than going to a busy salon!! X

I go to a home salon for beauty treatments, chiropractic treatment, took my daughters to one for ear piercing, sports massage etc - all very comfortable and professional home salons

Surprisingly, a lot of people go to home salon. Quite & peaceful atmosphere. No distractions. Much better tham an actual salon to some people who dont like noisy places

Latest posts

Back