Do people still ask for Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelliphant

Reaction score
I've got some friends from out of town who have asked about me doing their nails when they visit. Because I can't guarantee that they will get shellac removed properly, I'm considering getting some minx in, or using minx coat followed by shellac colour and top coats.

Is it worth getting some in to offer everyone, or just for these outlying situations? Most info on minx seems to be from 8-10 years ago so I wandered if they are still in demand (especially with chrome powder's popularity recently). I love the designs but not sure how many people in the real world would want them.

Also, if people use minx coat, do I need shellac base coat before the colour layers?

I've read minx coat is good for repairs so might get a few sheets in, but for the design sheets, might keep it to one or two designs which I know will appeal to specific people, that I already know.

Thanks for your time!

I stock Minx™. I love it. I have the odd client who still asks for it. I know in some areas of UK it's really popular still. But I also think that this is down to us to promote it more? X

I still occasionally do a minx. They really only work on toes, which is why it’s less popular than the gel polish. You do an ordinary nail prep, finish with scrub fresh, before applying minx on clean nails. Minx is a stand alone product you don’t use shellac as well? They are cheaper and better value than they used to be, but probably not worth investing in, if you’ve not had them before. The advantage is they can be peeled off, but you would probably be better getting empty bottles and wraps and selling your friends self removal packs.

Re the shellac, I'd seen the "minx coat" which is like a "base coat" which they claim lasts as long as whatever product goes on top of it. I'm a bit sceptical of that claim, and looks like I'd have to order from America. Still might get some to test out on myself, as I'm wary of at home removal, especially taking into account lifestyle factors (one is a new mom so opportunity to sit with the wraps secure without having to leap up and do things with hands is pretty thin on the ground lol!)

Latest posts

Back