Do small nail beds effect gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy socks

Reaction score
I'm still newish and practising on friends and such. All of my gel extensions that I have done lately have lasted really well apart from my sisters the tips will stay on for maximum a week then start pinging off (she's 15) she does use her hands a lot and the natural nail is extremely flexible as well as being tiny I use the smallest tips and they still need filing because they are still too big!
What am I doing wrong?

I'm still newish and practising on friends and such. All of my gel extensions that I have done lately have lasted really well apart from my sisters the tips will stay on for maximum a week then start pinging off (she's 15) she does use her hands a lot and the natural nail is extremely flexible as well as being tiny I use the smallest tips and they still need filing because they are still too big!
What am I doing wrong?

How long are you doing them? If she has tiny nail beds you might have to leave them much shorter than you would do for other clients, to reduce the stress put on the tip, which doesn't have much to "grip" onto if you see what I mean?. I have really small nails and used to suffer from the same problem.

Could you not sculpt them for her Hun this will be much stronger than putting tips on as mentioned before they dint have much the grip on to

Thank you! I never thought about the length of them having an affect :grr: I normally let her pick and she does like them long so I will try doing them shorter.
Failing that I will try sculpting :)

Latest posts

Back