Do the clients really pay that much???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
Guys n Gals
At the ladies evening tonight I'm going to take orders on the products I will be demoing ( is that a word? )
My question is do the clients actually pay the RRP or do you make your own price up?
The products & RRP are
SolarOil 1/8 oz £2.95 1/4 oz £5.50 1/2 oz £9.95
SolarManicure £13.95
SolarButter £13.95
SolarSilk £13.95
Solarspeed Spray £5.95
Out the Door £6.95
Girlfriend buffer £5.95

I know the products are good & hope they will sell themselves but does anyone charge the full price. I plan to offer discount for multiple purchases.

Thanks peeps

Hi ya Hun,
Yep I stick to my rrp. but there is nothing stopping you from making up a few sets and then reducing the price.............
What ever works for you love xxxx

I tend to reduce the prices slightly but let them know what the RRP is. This way they are more keen to get a bargain LOL. It is more important to move the retail from my shelves and make some return rather than have it sitting there with its RRP.

I'm with Fiona, I charge just under the RRP e.g RRP £5.50, our price £4.95.
My 3 top sellers are
Solar Oil
Solar Manicure
Solar Butter

Have an area with testers, clients will be able to see and feel for themselves how good the products are.

Yup me too. I go just under the retail price and also make sure that they know what the rrp is. I also make up sets and offer a discount on them. The ones that sell the best are the "bespoke" ones that I make after an appointment if the client says they like the smell, texture of several items. I tell them that if they buy three items I will discount £xx from the total which saves £xx.

I charge full RRP.

I know full well what these same ladies pay in department stores for brands that are not half as good and these prices are still a bargain.

My tack is a little different. I let my clients know that they are buying the best of professional products that really do something at much less than they would pay in the department store. The products are long lasting and they only need to use small amounts of them because of the quality.

It is so easy to close the clients purse for her before she has even had a chance to open it by our own attitude. One bottle of SolarOil (that will last for 3-4 months) equals the cost of one repair (or one pack of cigarettes)!! and using it regularly will save on costly repairs .... cheap at the price. Learn to retail your professional products without apologizing for the price of them.

I just found out last night that I'd been undercharging for products - I have no idea where I got the prices that I did cos they weren't the right ones! Anyway, I will be charging the full price from now on, and if I find that they aren't moving I will consider rethinking what I offer them for but make sure that the client knows they are getting a discount!

Julie

Hiya,

I charge full price, but to be honest it does depend where you are based, for example i am in a small town, wheras salons in large cities esp Leeds have alot of career women working there that have the money to spend. In my town it is mainly housewifes and factory workers, that want their nails doing and will buy oil and thats about it!! And yes i do the promo, but i aint gonna push my clients away, its their if they want to buy it

Amanda

Latest posts

Back