Do they want blood?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
After having a crazy Friday and everything kind of going wrong, i get informed that a client has put in a complaint against me, i feel so deflated and angry!

This woman has complained before so this time i went all out, free treatment worth over £10 free blowdry (she didnt want a cut) she was throwing all these demands at me and i met, or thought, i met every single one.

She told me her colour was two tone, she wanted it more blended, she didnt want a full head tint applied onto the scalp, so i worked thrugh some natural weaves of a natural colour, result-natural toned effect. Clinet was asked by myself numerous times if she was happy, if she found a few days later something wasnt right to call me, but no she left our salon very happy and no complaints.

Tonight our boss is livid with me, the client has said she still has grey hairs, shes over charged(free treatment and blowdry mind!!!) and i havent explained myself bassically everything i did, she says opposite, another stylist there witnessed my consultation and the finished result, shes very honest i asked her opinion and did she hear my consultation, she assured me everything was done properly. Now my boss is taking her side only not even asking my side of events and now as im under probabtion my job maybe at risk!!

I went all out for this woman and what thanks do i get? nothing except maybe no h=job, i am livid and devastated. I really dont know what else i can do, im really going off of hairdressing becuase of situations like thia, theres no support from our higher ups, we get shouted at from all angles and all weve done is a good job.

I feel so upset and angry i just want to cry and i feel like what is the point in me doing this job if my confidence is going to be knocked like this :(

then on top of that my bf has decide to spend the whole weekend with mates when i havent seen him all week, i just feel really p***** off!!! I'm going to get a bath and cry quietly and hopefully ill be ok then.

Sorry to rant geeks, needed to get this one out :( xxxxx

haha dont sweat we've all been there some customers want blood, bone marrow to be Cheryl Cole etc. Just forget it she'll just find another hairdresser to torment. You cant please these people cause they are deeply unhappy in themselves. Chin up stay strong and don't let the odd bad customer get you down.

Welcome to working with the public! The last row I had with a client was due to her being furious with me that her hair grew!! She paid £150 only six weeks ago!!
Think she thought her £150 colour was gonna last the rest of her life.

Easy for us to say 'don't stress', because we're not in your shoes, sitting sobbin in the bath. We all get difficult, unpleasant clients. In time you'll learn how to manage them.
Just have a sulk, then carry on. Don't give this woman the power to make you give up.

Welcome to working with the public! The last row I had with a client was due to her being furious with me that her hair grew!! She paid £150 only six weeks ago!!
Think she thought her £150 colour was gonna last the rest of her life.

Easy for us to say 'don't stress', because we're not in your shoes, sitting sobbin in the bath. We all get difficult, unpleasant clients. In time you'll learn how to manage them.
Just have a sulk, then carry on. Don't give this woman the power to make you give up.

"her hair grew" oh my days I thought id heard it all. Glad my days of standing behind a chair slaving away are nearly over im going retail hair only. The future of hairdressing as a hairdresser is bleak used to be fun know its just a chore because people have unreasonable expectations im quite happy to burst there bubble but I feel sorry for stylists who are not there own boss. Celebrity culture has gone crazy they can afford to have amazing hair the general public expect the same but just dont want or have the funds to pay for it.

I'm guessing your boss isn't a hairdresser and/or hasn't owned a salon for very long?

Usually, I'd expect the salon manager or owner to investigate the complaint to determine whether there's a genuine problem that can be fixed such as unrealistic expectations on behalf of the client, poor consultation or an inexperienced stylist etc. She also needs to trust and respect your judgement but if you haven't worked there long, she may just be acting cautiously.

However, if she simply accepts the clients version of events without allowing her staff any input, she's going to slowly alienate them all. Morale will drop and the salon will suffer a high staff turnover and a low client retention. Both of which are bad for business.

You need to speak to your boss ASAP and explain that you would like the opportunity to address any concerns clients raise before any final decisions are made. Don't let her undermine you. Be clear about working through any genuine issues but try not to allow emotion to affect how you handle things. Always remain calm and professional and you will win her trust.

Well what a rubbish few days and I agree with you all I wish I wouldn't let this stuff get to me it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things but I still let it!! Grrr

She's coming bk to the salon beleive it or not, if we are that bad surely u wouldn't come bk or have the embarrassment?!? My colleague will be doing her, she's had a full refund and will be having this next service totally free....to my boss-you complete mug!!!

My boss did used to be a hairdresser bit has been in management only for ten years or more my boss is one of these who we never see but when appears is like a storm that upsets and outs everyone's backs up.,if we have a fair opinion were looked on as a problem it have an attitude I do not understand their logic yet there salons are bit overly busy and the staff turnover is HUGE on average 6 months to a year. Surely as a business owner you'd be addressing that problem?? Foundations etc??? But that's not my problem all I know is I don't feel I can work within a company where there is no support or communication.

I agree also that clients expectations are atupidly unrealistic bit to mention parting with any cash it has become a chore and walking on egg shells if anyone complains they out ur job at risk rather than going through the normal channels

I don't know if I want to be in such an industry anymore...I like to think that this is not the case but being my third job inside a year I think there's something very wrong. I have no paitience for money grabbing bosses passionate bosses yes!!!! But I can't find any of those now.

I don't know what to do, how the hell do you find a new career now with zero qualifications except for hairdressing?!? Uhhhhh

This place is like my councilors session love you geeks xxx

Could you go mobile?

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Could you go mobile?

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I actually do this part time an used to do it full time but I could never get quite enough to earn a living, some weeks great others appalling but also I found it a bit lonly. But thank you for your input :) xxx

Latest posts

Back