Do things always seem to go pear shaped for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceymackey

Reaction score
Well, they do for me!

I was set to start operating my mobile business early 2012, and have just discovered my license will be suspended for the first three months of next year! (all due to speeding fines in the past two months - Yes, people who speed really annoy me too, I was having trouble getting used to my new car!). :sad:

Sometimes I think only I could do something like this! So plans postponed I suppose, luckily I hadn't started advertising. I was getting really excited too.

Does anyone else feel like everything always goes pear shaped for them? Share a story and make me feel better, PLEASE!! :biggrin:

Aww no what a bugger. Can you not set up in a room at your home for a little while.

I am going to be doing nails & tans at my home. Mobile isn't working out for me. I can't get enough appointment into the day and now I have 7k to save for a house deposit I will offering my treatments in my home at a lower cost. Will still be doing the mobile a little bit.

Hope you can work it out x x

Can you not write to the dvla explain your working situation and opt for a fine? They usually try to prevent peoples work being affected by bans etc hun xxx

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Can you not write to the dvla explain your working situation and opt for a fine? They usually try to prevent peoples work being affected by bans etc hun xxx

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I'm in Australia, we can go on probation for a year but one infringement and you end up losing your license for much longer. I'm not too stressed as I found out before I placed advertising. Thanks though!

Nails<3, I'm a little worried about setup/pack up time cutting into my day, so much au I've even done some timed trips out to the car LOL shame! From home not currently an option.

Very exciting buying a house - i love the idea of the house helping to pay for itself like that. I love looking at the pics of peoples treatment rooms on here!

It is really hard. I don't have a spare room but will using my dining room now instead. Will have to put furniture into storage tho :(.

Will only be my nail station, nail boxes etc and tanning bits in there but the way I see it is if im mobile I'm doing treatments in their kitchen etc so my dining room is perfect for me.

Try and appeal it,see what they say.

My friend sold her car to her brother,he went through a speeding camera but as the car was still in her name she got points and licensed removed but she went back to court and said she couldn't be without a car as she had a newborn and 4 year old and her uni was in a diff city and they gave her back her license.

Hopefully they will see your not a serial bad driver lol and let up on you. Quite bad really as all the stories you read about drivers drinking etc and you get your license taken of you for a speeding endorsement.

Good luck x x x x

Latest posts

Back