Do you accept card payments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I will have to get a machine at some point but im going hold off as long as I can all my regular clients know its cash or cheque and I try and remember to tell new ones ,since may I have only have 2 people who have had to go and get cash after there appointment ,

But is go to hear people sales are going up because of the card payments and who has the best deal :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I have a mobile terminal and its murder to connect always fails. Have just received a replacement thank The Lord, fingers crossed I have more success, or I will be cancelling my contract to the izettle phone adaptor which apparently is amazing ad no monthly charge.

I’m gonna keep my eye on those iZettle type systems but I don’t like the look of them at the moment. They seem to have very little real information on their websites and I’m a little suspicious they are going to be one of these companies that goes bust with millions of pounds of peoples money in the bank.

As far as I'm aware any card payment device which doesn't have a monthly charge will have higher transaction rates.

I have the same rates as a previous post who was with Barclays.

The things that kills me is bank charges but that's a whole different topic, I will be changing banks ASAP. In thinking of joint the FSB so can have free co-op banking.

Xx

I'm trying to find away to take card payments, as at the moment I only take cash/cheque payments. I don't have bank charges ( an old Alliance and leicester business account...yay! ) but cheque books are fast becomming a thing of the past.

I'm based at home so I don't need a mobile system. There is a lot of talk about Barklays 'ping-it' or a new system that is supposed to make it possible to pay by mobile phone. Does anyone have any experience of them?

I have a world pay mobile chip and pin terminal. I love it as there is no monthly fee. Just pay per transaction! So it is really good for people who don't take loads of card payments and don't want to spend the earth every month. It works via your mobile signal but you have a separate chip and pin machine! X

This sounds a wee bit too good to be true...

Do you mind PM'ing me the company and the transaction charge?

I am just starting out doing mobile extensions and expecting people to have the money on the day may not always be possible as they may be using a credit card. xx

This sounds a wee bit too good to be true...

Do you mind PM'ing me the company and the transaction charge?

I am just starting out doing mobile extensions and expecting people to have the money on the day may not always be possible as they may be using a credit card. xx

I've just applied for the WorldPay SmartPhone system too, it looks fab.

3 payment options with varying price per transaction, off the top of my head:-

1) No monthly fee, 75p per debit, 3.5% credit card
2) £5 monthly fee 50p per debit, 2.95% credit card
3) All You Can Eat - £10 per month no transaction fee
£59.99 one off to buy the bluetooth wifi card reader. App downloaded to your smartphone (android or iphone)

I currently have a hardwired machine which I've worked out costs me a minimum of £36.36 per month, the All You Can Eat option above will save me a fortune.

I work from home so will be on my WIFI so I'm not overly worried about signal issues. If I was mobile it might be a bigger concern and would need more looking into

This thread has got me thinking so I have just been checking out the various providers.

I've got prices from Barklays and streamline and I'm waiting for a call back from world pay.

What will work for you will depend on the number and value of the transactions you have.

Have you looked at iZettle? It's a gadget you attach it to your mobile phone and take card payments. Or there is another called SumUp. Same principal just different company. Have a look on the Internet. I use iZettle it's brilliant. So easy.

I was looking at mobile payments also. Didn't like mothly fee as not many customers asking for it yet so I would rather pay higher fee per transaction.

I came across MPOWA payments that should easy deal with VISA cards.
Its similar to iZettle or at the time US only Square.

MPOWA supposed to start in UK last year. They are running but according to their website they now trying to get a small chip&pin device instead of audio-jack plugin card swipe thing.

I'm going to be using my izettle machine and charging £1 for using it. To help cover the cost. There is a cash machine opposite where I will be working so hoping I won't have to use it that often. :)

I've seen some very low rates with Handepay x

I've just applied for the WorldPay SmartPhone system too, it looks fab.

3 payment options with varying price per transaction, off the top of my head:-

1) No monthly fee, 75p per debit, 3.5% credit card
2) £5 monthly fee 50p per debit, 2.95% credit card
3) All You Can Eat - £10 per month no transaction fee
£59.99 one off to buy the bluetooth wifi card reader. App downloaded to your smartphone (android or iphone)

I currently have a hardwired machine which I've worked out costs me a minimum of £36.36 per month, the All You Can Eat option above will save me a fortune.

I work from home so will be on my WIFI so I'm not overly worried about signal issues. If I was mobile it might be a bigger concern and would need more looking into

I can't find it at all. :(
I'd love to have a proper pdq machine rather than a reader I plug into my mobile. The main down part is because I'm in a salon where were all self employed I can't use the phone line for it and it makes mobile ones too expensive when
Compared to fixed ones. This would be great as I can get a pdq cheap and hook it up xoxo

I have been using IZettle now since November, and I love it! 2.75% per transaction, no monthly fees and I can take it anywhere my mobile is. Money I. Transferred into my bank account, I don't have to worry about a thing.
I cannot fault it.
Jen xx

I have been using IZettle now since November, and I love it! 2.75% per transaction, no monthly fees and I can take it anywhere my mobile is. Money I. Transferred into my bank account, I don't have to worry about a thing.
I cannot fault it.
Jen xx

I have considered it, but when asking my clients some have said they love the idea some said they wouldn't trust it, not me, and they would use it as they know I wouldn't do anything, but wouldn't trust using their card in a iPhone xoxo

I had my first payment today using izettle, it's clever and I assured my client her details were secure but because she was paying with Visa the process was long winded.

I can't find it at all. :(
I'd love to have a proper pdq machine rather than a reader I plug into my mobile. The main down part is because I'm in a salon where were all self employed I can't use the phone line for it and it makes mobile ones too expensive when
Compared to fixed ones. This would be great as I can get a pdq cheap and hook it up xoxo

Could you not have a mobile unit? I was going too when i did mobile, but then opened the shop, if i rented a chair i'd do a mobile unit, well look into it anyway x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Could you not have a mobile unit? I was going too when i did mobile, but then opened the shop, if i rented a chair i'd do a mobile unit, well look into it anyway x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

It's just the monthly rental that puts me off when there's so many out there that are just omission based now. Xoxo

Are there any Irish geeks out there with any experiences with mobile card readers. I too am self employed and have looked into AIB (one of the main banks in Ireland) and they want €55 a month line rental, €30 min spend a month, and a whooping min 48 month contract eeekkk!!! NO WAY HOSE :p

Finding in extremely hard to find other companies in Ireland offering this service though, very frustrating :(

I have a world pay mobile chip and pin terminal. I love it as there is no monthly fee. Just pay per transaction! So it is really good for people who don't take loads of card payments and don't want to spend the earth every month. It works via your mobile signal but you have a separate chip and pin machine! X
What company is this with please? Thanks kindly? 😊

Latest posts

Back