Do you always give skin analysis & do extractions on every facial?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmasam123

Reaction score
When at college we did facial for skin type then we did the skin analysis and skin extractions separate to the facial.

If I’m going mobile would I do a detailed skin analysis before my treatment and skin extractions on every facial? Or would I have products for each skin type and a set facial for each.

Another question I remember where the muscles are in the face but don’t remember the names. Do you know the muscles really well?

Skin analysis would be done on the initial consultation, as you can discuss the right facial products and techniques at the same time.
Have a plan of action for each skin type and include other observations like fragility of skin. Put it onto the consultation card.

During the consultation if you observe blackheads you would mention to the client that they would need to have a facial steam and comedone extraction followed by a mask for oily , acne prone skin.

Learning at college is a slow step by step method , so that it prepares you well for any eventuality . That way you can really take things in better.

Obviously in the salon, a client will expect everything that you recommended on that first consultation to be done at the same time, not come back it won't make sense.

You will change what you offer to your clients as they get used to having your facials. You will find that hormones, menopause,too much sun and simply getting older will force changes to the basic facial. These new changes or procedures will of course be documented by you.

Muscles, yes I know them all. If you decide to do EMS or micro -current facials you will absolutely need to know them. So get your old college notes out !

I charge extra for using a micro lance to remove milia/comedones during a facial, so it's important that clients know upfront that this is an optional extra on a facial. Unless I doing a High Frequency Acne facial.

To remember the muscles of the face, look in the mirror at your face and start pulling faces, smiling, yawning, frowning, etc, etc. Put an image with facial muscles and names next to mirror. Start memorising which muscles you use with each facial expression (tip, if you doing the A & P exam for facial electricals - this is part of the exam), this really helps when you start doing say Micro-current facials as you really need to know which muscles to target to help give the client the desired effect they are looking for.

Latest posts

Back